Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's the nicest thing that anyone has said... >

What's the nicest thing that anyone has said...

What's the nicest thing that anyone has said...

Old 07-10-2010, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by bj
I gave a quilt to my friend's son when he graduated from high school. I saw him visiting his mom at work one afternoon a couple of months later and he told me he couldn't study without it...it felt like a hug from home.
I've had some of my little college friends (classmates of my kids) say the same thing. :-D
Old 07-10-2010, 07:08 AM

I made a purse out of old jeans and every place I go people ask about it and every one wants to look it over.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by burnsk
I gave a friend a quilt. She was speechless and started crying, gave me a big hug and whispered, "Thank you". It was what she didn't say that was the nicest thing.
I know what you mean. I gave a friend a quilt for her birthday and all she could say was, "Oh, Adrian!" Just that alone was enough for me.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:42 AM

I made a baby quilt for a friend at work. She called me and said "My husband said the quilt looks like something you would buy from Pottery Barn's baby collection".
Also, I make baby quilts for our nieces and nephews new babies. When our niece had her second baby she said she couldn't wait to see what I had made for her". Those compliments really make us feel good. Don't they?
Old 07-10-2010, 07:58 AM

I made my oldest daughter a quilt when she was 5 years old out of scraps I had from clothes I made for her. When she was 18 and headed to Smith College, she had packed it with her college stuff. I said, "Cara, you can't bring that ratty old quilt to school!" to which she said, "Oh yes I am!". The quilt went to college with her and she still has it (not on her bed, it's getting fragile) and would never part with it. That, to me, was the ultimate compliment.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:03 AM

Many of my family and friends have told me they love my quilts, but I think the admiration of a stranger was the nicest. I made a black and white and red throw for my Mom to use in the wheelchair when we went to Drs offices. One day a lady pushing her Mom stopped us and asked where I got the throw. When I told her I made it, with tears in her eyes, she said how much she wished she could make something so wonderful for her Mom.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:18 AM

I have a great granddaughter (Sara) who thinks everything I make is beautiful! She wore the quilted jacket I made for her last birthday (7), until it was up her arms! She steals her Mom's quilt I made, every chance she gets. I made her a quilt for her 8th birthday next month. When we were last together (she lives in MD), she took me to a quiet room and said, "I need to tell you something special MaMaw." She picked up my hand, put the palm to her lips and kissed it. Then as she put my hand over my heart, she said "Now, when you get sad or miss me, remember my kiss is on your heart forever..." I can hardly tell the story even now without tearing up and missing her..

Jeannie in GA
Old 07-10-2010, 09:22 AM

When I was a young widow with four children, needless to say we didn't have a much money. One year for Christmas I made my son, who was 9 or 10 at the time, a corduroy jacket. He is now a very success businessman who has traveled worldwide. He recently told me that the best gift he ever got in his life was that blue jacket.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:23 AM

I gave my 8-yr-old granddaughter a quilt for Christmas last year, and she told me it makes her sleep better!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:52 AM

Funny you should ask this. I held up the almost finished July Doll quilt for my husband to see and he said, "That's beautiful. Is that one you made? You can't give it away, I'm your Secret Pal or partner this month. You have to make me one. I want to hang it up in my office." Geesh, honey, you want one that bad I'll make you one. It is patriotic so guess as a veteran he really liked it.

Two weeks ago my DS was here and I showed her some of my most recent projects. I think she said something like, "These are yours? You sewed these? When have you found time to do these? Their beautiful and the stitching and colors are wonderful." She can be very negative and critical at times so made me feel good.