Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What's you newest obsession?

Paper piecing! I am not obsessed. I am possessed
    Anna Quilts

I'M gathering fabrics for a blue and white quilt. I think they are so serene and beautiful. Saw one in the Jelly Roll book I have and am determined to make it for ME !!!
    Families are like old quilts....although they tend to unravel at times...each can be stitched back together with love.

Quote Originally Posted by rrhaigh View Post
    I am stuck on English Paper Piecing hexagons - Grandmothers Flower Garden. I never did them until now and it is addicting = so easy to do while with DH in the evening while he watches TV. I don't watch much TV, but want to be with my DH and now I can at least be "quilting" while in the living room with him instead of sitting idle!
    That's what I do, too.
    Wendy in FL

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted I wish I had some ice cream.

I have been collecting fabrics to make a quilt that has appliqued flip flops. I only need 20 but have bought 25. I think once I start there will be some fabrics that just don't make the cut....lol. I will be working on this at a quilt retreat in early September. Good heaven....no telling how many different fabrics I may have by then. I have been wanting to make this quilt for a long time, so I am very excited about it. So excited that I will probably start it before the retreat.....lol
    Linda

I'm making a garden quilt that I have designed myself. I'm using embroidered flowers on a black background and I ordered some pebble fabric to make a path through my garden and I'm going to use "peepers" around the flower blocks. I've got several other quilts I need to be working on, but I keep thinking about this one! We've had storms the past few days with lots of lightning, so I haven't really wanted to turn my sewing machine on. They've moved on now and I can hardly wait to get back out to my shed to work on it!

Blog Entries
    Learning more FMQ - Almost done with a Craftsy Class, - also working on one of Leah Day's projects - Really have the desire to get more creative, now have to figure out how to do it!

Me too with the birds! I collected 10 retro looking birdie fabrics. Cut them out yesterday..9inch bird blocks alternating with 9inch four patches in aqua and teal. Go for it!

Vintage Machines. We're currently looking for a 319 to convert to a treadle!
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

I am having fun doing eye spy.lol
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

It's winter here so I'm obsessed with knitting. Hope to finish some UFOs (quilts) next week if I can get motivated.

I too am obsessed with the hexagons and am waiting (impatiently) for the new Crabapple Hill patterns to be released. I love the patterns that combine embroidery and quilting and she has some pretty interesting ones coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Elise1 View Post
    I think I was placed on this earth to make Jason Yenter's quilts, LOL.

I just bought the pattern and fabric for his Menagerie Star quilt. http://www.inthebeginningfabrics.com...rQuiltBlue.jpg

He is my absolute favorite designer.
    Ok now you have done it!!!! You have just added another quilt on my list that is already too long. Also have been working on a couple of quilts to enter into quilt show and got both in. Yeah! But my latest obsession is designing and sewing heirloom applique quilt blocks in the embroidery hoop with a wing needle. When I have a chance I will post some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
    It's not quilting related (because my quilting machine is at the doctor).. but I have been obsessed with our budget. We have taken a big hit in our income and had some car troubles that have cost thousands to get fixed. I was really depressed about it, but so grateful that we had enough in savings to cover it all. But now we're broke. And it sucks so bad.
    There wasn't room in the budget to get my machine fixed for a while, but my husband sold some stuff and surprised me by taking it to the Pfaff dealer last week. He's such a good man.
    So I'm starting up again. All the bills are taken care of. We have food. My car has gas in it. Payday seems like a long way off, but it's Friday.
    So there's my obsession. I've got it set up where everything is on auto-drive now, so when I get my machine back, I can get back to obsessing about quilting again!
    Don't worry about it I can relate very well with where you are at. My husband and I just went through the most horrible 2 years from including losing my mother from ALS to closing the family business and our life saving all in the same week to almost losing the house. Just remember why you sew and quilt and that is because we can. And that quilters are the best at putting the pieces back together again.

Scrap quilts. I really don't want to buy material. I don't think I'll ever use up all I have.

I so agree with leatheflea!! Applique is always my favorite.

Scrap quilts. Cutting and organizing scraps. Bonnie Hunter, Joan Ford. Scrap quilts on this board. I see scraps in my dreams.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

How much time do you have?! LOL!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

I love moderns... they are all I want to do.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Moonglow View Post
    It's winter here so I'm obsessed with knitting. Hope to finish some UFOs (quilts) next week if I can get motivated.
    Me too... I stay obsessed with knitting, year round.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I bought Judy Martin's log cabin quilt book cause I fell in love with her snake river pattern that i saw at a quilt show, but now I love about 3 different ones that are in that book and can't decide which one to make. They all involve a lot of cutting and piecing, so they will definitely take awhile to make, but don't mind, need to slow down

Right now my new love is hand applique I had done it years ago and stopped after wrist surgery and now am back and plodding on not completely satisfied with my none rounded curves but on I go .I love botanical flowers but found my pattern choice to be way beyond my skills so am doing better with a wild flower book any book suggestions would be great.
    I'm an obsessive compulsive quilter and batik aholic. I make only king size quilts.

I have had birds on my mind lately myself, after seeing a PP one here recently. I however am not industrious enough to try a bird quilt just yet, but maybe a throw pillow

I really want to do a blue & white Cathedral Window for my guest bedroom.
    “The more that you read, the more things you will know.
    The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”

~ Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    Paper piecing! I am not obsessed. I am possessed
    Me too! Anything I see I wonder how I can turn it into a paper-pieced pattern. :-)
    Redrover0628

Seminole piecing!

I love the precision, making the various design strips and bands, and then moving it all around until I get a "fabric" that does what I want it to. I am working on a set of quilted "nesting" cat dolls and plan to use fabric that I Seminole pieced. Most of my family graduated from FSU so the last "cat" is going to be a tiny orange and blue UF "mouse.

There's a "file strip" in progress. I am making it of all the left over pieces of the design bands I make so I can see what was most successful and the color combinations I like the most.

I love to sew and thank heaven for all of you!

Pat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast