Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What's you newest obsession?

I've decided to learn to paint on my quilts. I so badly want to be an "art" quilter, but seem to be missing the art gene...so I'm always looking for a new thing to try.

Oh, and shadow trapunto, I fell in love with that, but the dense fillers are killing me. It takes a full day to quilt a 12" square...

yes iam into english paper piecing love it so realxing can take anywere i made a neet purse to suzieQ

i made apurse with e p piecing suzieQ

Mine right now is Batiks; I am working on 6 different quilts using Batiks!!!
    Just found out I will be GGM in February, and she wants a black/white
    with yellow and turquoise baby quilt!!! I have black/white prints, just
    need the yellow and turquoise! Also her best friend is expecting in Feb.
    too, so that means another baby quilt. So when her friend finds out
    boy or girl, I will know what quilt to make for her. When her friend got
    married, I asked what shewanted and she said a quilt. I gave her my
    Daisies In My Garden quilt to them for a shower/wedding gift and they
    loved it. So I know, whatever I make, both of them will love the quilt.

Me
    too with the birds! I collected 10 retro looking birdie fabrics. Cut them out yesterday..9inch bird blocks alternating with 9inch four patches in aqua and teal. Go for it!
    Ohh, please post a pic of this when you are done? This sounds so cute!
    Last edited by DawnA; 07-12-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Not your Grandmother's Flower Garden and anything with batiks!!

Saw a picture done in stain glass and I am copyig it to quilting. It will finish 26X36. Really a challenge for me but fun to work on.

Oh my, me too!! I made a small GFG for my grandaughter and am almost done assembling a queensize for myself. So said to have no more hexi's to baste so I decided I would make another. It is the perfect take along project - at least until you get to the final stages.

Quote Originally Posted by rrhaigh View Post
    I am stuck on English Paper Piecing hexagons - Grandmothers Flower Garden. I never did them until now and it is addicting = so easy to do while with DH in the evening while he watches TV. I don't watch much TV, but want to be with my DH and now I can at least be "quilting" while in the living room with him instead of sitting idle!

Blog Entries
    William Morris fabric - love the colors- I am on making my second quilt using barbara Brackman's fabric line. And there is a new line coming out in the fall.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

My newest interest is learning how to quilt by machine. I have a new quilting machine and quilt frame due to arrive any day and a nice workspace for it in my stuido so I am ready to "learn" and start quilting my quilt tops after some practice.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Blog Entries
    Totes in all the bright colors as well as in batiks. Love them!

My obsession is collecting patterns...I must have gazillions and still looking for more freebies. I have also purchased $$$$ of patterns I'll probably never live long enough to use. I did the same thing with Machine Embroidery designs, Stained Glass designs...a hard drive full of patterns...I need help! But I'm having a blast. I want to do it all.

I'm doing lots of crazy quilts, one halloween that is in the frames now and it's tooooo cute with a matching candy bag. I have 4 more to do, one is birds, two are USM golden eagles and one is a turkey

I did my first quilt of houses on the hillside in 1996. I still love houses and birdhouses type quilts. but right now I'm into doing redwork . I am doing them on muslim that will be with red squares in between each one with a red border They are flowers in vases. this is something new for me I'm really enjpying it . even though I need to get back into doing a couple of more quillows for the last two people I need to. But just can't get into them now I just want to do my redwork.

I still haven't made all of the traditional quilts that I'd like to make. And my bucket list just keeps getting longer and longer. The more I see all of the pretties here, the more I want to branch out. Sometimes I wish someone would just lock me in a cave with all of my quilting things.
    One step at a time, always forward.

I've been weeding out fabric, new & used, unsuited to quilts and find I LOVE crocheting rag rugs. I have a cotton one, an all flannel one, a poly-cotton and now working on a polo shirt rug.

I'm into hand appliqué at the moment. When I tire of that, I'll probably do quick quilts using layer cakes, jelly rolls, etc.

I've gone from stars to klidescopes and tried my first one block wonder. Love them. Klidescopes are my favorite but OBWs are fun and fast. I get out my two mirrors and the most amazing designs appear.

Blog Entries
    I love both theme quilts...something that reminds me of the person I am making it for and also enjoying scrappy quilts. I never thought I would say that...I love the scrappy strip quilts.

For me it is finding my nitch in quilting. I'm Learning new methods of quilting. So far I have done a scrappy log cabin from start to finish. Have a Simple strip quilt to bind, I am Doing International Sun Bonnett Sue with Fusable web which I love and do this as a fill in when I don't have my machine. I am layering a scrappy square quilt pieced by my DD to work on for a retreat. I have two Mckenna Ryan Patterns i'm collecting fabric for and a third I'm waiting to come out. I also have a couple of needle turn projects underway. I'm taking a Quilting 101 class now and want to learn paper and foundation piecing next. And I have only been doing this for a year. LOL
    Thank you Lord for Friends, Family, and Quilters

I'm obsessed with robots, cogs, gears, circuitry... I snap up fabrics in these themes whenever I see them (if they're not TOO childish) and they go into my personal stash, for MY quilt, which I'll make sometime after I've made at least one for everybody else. lol

It's gone outside of quilting too - my cubicle at work is full of wind up robots and other misc. robot-themed things. I'm such a child. ;-)

Circles -- mostly applique since I'm still scared of curved piecing. Solid circles with decorative stitching, overlapping circles, circles from strip sections, circles with curvy piecing inside them. I'm obsessed with circles for now.

Quote Originally Posted by AFQSinc View Post
    All of a sudden I am finding myself drawn to house quilts. I really have never been into the pictoral type quilts but I can't get these little houses of of my mind. It started with: http://www.quiltersstation.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=34

Then went to: http://www.quiltedstrait.com/shop/pr...quilt-pattern/

I have so many quilts on deck and the Ryokan pattern is expensive but I have a huge stash of Japanese Taupes (and growing) so what better use for them? I see the quilt part of the little houses in Oakshott. I dream about this sometimes!
    I checked these out and the first one is really cool, I love it. Go for it!

Right now I'm obsessed with round robins. They are so creative and fun. I like the suspense of seeing what happens next.
    Also obsessed with getting a bunch of UFO's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrover0628 View Post
    Me too! Anything I see I wonder how I can turn it into a paper-pieced pattern. :-)
    I love paper piecing also. Have you all seen the thread for the paper piecing "quilts for rosie" getting ready to start on here? I just got my book today can't wait to get started on this quilt.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast