Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's your favorite travel kit? >

What's your favorite travel kit?

What's your favorite travel kit?

Old 06-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Power Poster

English paper piecing is great for travel and take along projects. Small and portable :lol:
Sharon
Old 06-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

some small plastic tupperware or tupperware-like containers can hold quite a bit.
or even an altoids type container - can hold a bobbin of thead, needles, pins, a small scissor, and thimble - the advantage of that over a plastic bag, is that holes won't get poked in it
Old 06-26-2009, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
some small plastic tupperware or tupperware-like containers can hold quite a bit.
or even an altoids type container - can hold a bobbin of thead, needles, pins, a small scissor, and thimble - the advantage of that over a plastic bag, is that holes won't get poked in it
I agree, That is why I started using a gift card tin my son and daughter got me one for Christmas years back and I am recycling!!! I never have to worry about accidental needle pokes!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 12:05 PM

I use a hard eyeglass container for needle, pins, embroidery floss or bobbin with thread, tiny scissors. I've glued a piece of magnetic strip on one side to keep the needles and pins in place. Incidentally, I keep crochet hooks in the soft varity of eyeglass containers. Also a good place for a rotaty cutter.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:48 PM

For years I carried a tote which contained a small quilt. I love to hand quilt, but I didn't want anything big.

I only worked on the quilt while waiting in a doctor, dentist, pediatrician, or orthodontist office. Amazingly, (the wait was always so long) I was able to quilt the entire thing in great detail in about 5 years.

I carried the quilt, a medium size hoop, needles, thread, and small scissors.

I'm glad I had that tote project with me. Just think of all the time that I would have wasted in waiting rooms!

After that project, I carried assorted balls of yarn, scissors, and a crochet hook. I made squares. Now I am in the process of crocheting them together into blanket.

I need to get another tote put together!