Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's on your list you want for Christmas? >

What's on your list you want for Christmas?

What's on your list you want for Christmas?

Old 12-17-2018, 07:40 PM

Retired my old machine and recently bought a new one ! Yeah !
Old 12-17-2018, 08:12 PM

DH and I are giving each other a recumbent stationary bike (with an attached desk that DH can use while writing) and we are treating our kids and g-boys to 5 days/nights in CO in late July. I've asked my DD to bring home something for me from Nepal (she gets home Wed at midnight--starts the return trip at 5:30 am our time!!) and for DS to do some electrical fixes here (he's an IBEW apprentice so knows how to do this).
Old 12-17-2018, 09:13 PM

Lok Blok Rulers for one, silk thread for hand applique, Clover clips, and a multitude of other sewing goodies
Old 12-18-2018, 12:44 AM

Well, I asked my DD for the Caswell Quilt pattern. And told the SIL that he could give me a gift certificate from www.fatquarter.com. My DH is giving me 5 yards of different reds from the Missouri Star company, that I bought. And I got 6 grandsons coming and it will be a very good day.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:57 AM

I am not going to buy another inch of fabric next year! However, I am thinking seriously of buying a Grace frame and using my BERNINA 1130 to do my quilting. I am considering going to Salt Lake to their facility to gather, first hand, all of the information. I see comments on the board from time to time-but there are so many unknowns. If I were younger, I would go for a long arm but it doesn't make any sense when I am 82. I still love to quilt and have lots of of projects to do.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:05 AM

I asked for a 3" memory foam topper to take with me to Quilt Camp... The beds are so hard there, but I still want to go, even if I can't sleep. Also a weighted harness for posture, hoping to reduce stress, and a stripology ruler.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
I'm getting an Eversew Sparrow 30. I'm buying 2/3's of it and hubby gave me the balance as an early birthday gift. Last month we visited MSQC and he gave me an early cash Christmas gift to pick out what I wanted. He's a keeper.
I am intrigued by the Eversewn 30 - might be a great machine to travel with. But do I really need it?
Old 12-18-2018, 04:59 AM

I've asked for a new embroidery scissors and ear bags.

Last edited by Karamarie; 12-18-2018 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-18-2018, 05:01 AM

I purchase my own quilting supplies, wants and needs. Yesterday I ordered the stitch regulator (evens all the stitches no matter the speed you are quilting at) for the Janome 1600 that I have on a Grace Sr-2 frame. I'm hoping that for $499 it does the job. Should be here before Christmas. If my husband gets me something it will be something like a hand held shower nozzle to make washing the dog easier.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:15 AM

Since it's just me and the dog, I bought my own Christmas present.... a Babylock Aria sewing machine. And I just love it. When the Husqvarna Vikings start to have electronic problems they will go in the trash. No more Vikings, since the company restructured and raised their service prices.

FREE Quilting Newsletter