Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's on your wish list for Christmas? >

What's on your wish list for Christmas?

What's on your wish list for Christmas?

Old 11-30-2010, 01:41 PM

I already bought my gift from my hubby and from my kids. They try every year and I end up with a robe, so this year I took it into my own hands :) I bought enough fabric to make a quilt that I fell in love with on this board and the batting for it.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Joan Rosemary
Hi Girls
How's your Christmas shopping going ( Or making of course) I was just wondering as to what is on YOUR wish list for Christmas? We are all about what to make for someone else so how about what YOU would like.
MORE TIME TO QUILT!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:15 PM

You can do it Cindy, I quit smoking 45 years ago and still smoke free now. Good luck and I know you will earn that longarm. Huggies, Fay
Old 11-30-2010, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by tortoisethreads
I already bought my gift from my hubby and from my kids. They try every year and I end up with a robe, so this year I took it into my own hands :) I bought enough fabric to make a quilt that I fell in love with on this board and the batting for it.

:-D :-D :-D Which quilt did you fall in love with?? My lone star???? Naaahhh just kidding. Huggies, Fay
Old 11-30-2010, 03:45 PM

Cindy, congratulations on giving yourself the gift of breathing. I quilt 40 yrs. ago and had good incentive- DH wouldn't marry me until I quit. We just celebrated our 40th anniv. last Sat.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by CindyBee
I gave myself an early Christmas present and finally quit smoking. It hasn't been easy but today I am going into my 3rd week as a non-smoker. The best thing is DH said that if I am still smoke free after 3mos. and promise to never smoke again that I can buy a long arm machine! His suggestion! I NEVER would have thought he would think of anthing like that.
Congratulations! I know how hard it is to quit. I quit years ago and I still wonder how I managed to stop. It takes time to forget about smoking and that's normal. Hang in there and you'll never regret stopping. Next time you see an elderly woman smoking think how that could have been you one day. Not a pretty picture.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:33 PM

Let me add my congratulations to Cindy. You may not believe it now, but in time you will hardly be able to stand close to anyone that smokes.. It's horrible.. and I was doing that to myself. NO matter what it takes, just keep away from those nasty things. It will give you life and freedom you didn't know you could have... and lots more money.. and lots less doctors.. Since you've made it 3 weeks, you can do it, no, you've done it, just keep going!!! What a great gift to yourself, the best one yet!
Old 11-30-2010, 09:37 PM

Now.. for me, I am wishing for some comfy slippers, and a few spools of embroidery thread.. Good cheer to pass out freely, and the presense of mind to remember WHO all my blessing come from, and give thanks.

Wishing all of you a wonderful season...
Old 11-30-2010, 10:20 PM

I would like a couple of the new thread sets from Connecting Threads. I would also like one of the new iPod nano's. I have a Creative Zen that is on it's last leg and the new nano's are very cute and small. :)

Dar - will keep you and your family in prayer.

Cindy - way to go! Don't they say it takes 21 days to make something a habit? And you are there! Be sure to post pics of that new longarm!!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:26 PM

I would like to have a cutting mat and a rotary cutter and a 6x24" ruler. I guess that is out now though.