Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's on your wish list for Christmas? >

What's on your wish list for Christmas?

What's on your wish list for Christmas?

Old 12-01-2010, 09:26 AM

Oh Cindy , forgot to tell you what helped me a lot ! Knowing that whether I had that cig or not , the craving would pass !!!!!!! And it did !!!! I also use to cut straws and fiddle with them for a while and also had puzzles to go to . Any and all ( well almost all ) distractions are great ! Still pulling for you ! gentle hugs
Old 12-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Power Poster

I did gain weight because when I had the urge to smoke I ate a snack like nuts or sweets. I learned after the fact that if I brushed my teeth when the urge to smoke came it would stop the urge much better and no weight gain and whiter teeth. I'm so proud of any one that quits smoking forever. It's a big deal.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:04 AM

My DH and I just celebrated our 32nd anniversary last week, and his and my birthdays are within the next 3 weeks, so for Christmas, we usually don't give each othe any gifts. BUT...having said that, my Singer 1280 just gave up the ghost, and I had to go out and buy a new machine. (DH said to forget repairing the Singer, get what you want!) I got the Brother CS770 at Hancock's yesterday (Wed.) They have a senior discount (55 or over) on the 1st Wed. of each month. So I took DH and got a $28.00 discount! The only thing I really didn't like about my singer was that you couldn't drop the feed dogs.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:16 AM

We are not doing chistmas gifts this year as we are going to my sisters in Las Vegas for christmas. We may do stocking stuffers for each other while we are down there (me,hubby, sister, dad, stepmom), my sister also has 4 small dogs lol.

I am gonna start saving in January for an embroidery machine I would like to buy myself for my birthday in March.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:03 AM

A refurbished and painted ruby red Featherweight. :D She is on order and is my gift from me to me!! Can't wait to get her - she will be called Ruby Jewel.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:52 PM

I often don't think of myself, but I would like some portable music player, I guess an Ipod or something like that. I would never buy for myself.

Cindy, you have quit smoking, that is a great gift to yourself and your family!

Dar, will pray for you and your family. Take a step and reach out to them. They may be thinking the same thing.