Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wheelchair quilt >

Wheelchair quilt

Wheelchair quilt

Old 07-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Power Poster

Hope you find you wheelchair quilt. I'm sure it's one-of-a-kind!

Tony, Tony, turn around, something's lost and can't be found!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:44 PM

I do hope you find the quilt. My mother resided in a nursing home, and every now and then we'd have to ask for help looking for whatever was missing. I found very quickly the aides that worked there really didn't care to find the correct room. But I raised such a loud objection to them losing her items, that I usually had good luck locating them. Good luck.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by donnalynett
Originally Posted by deenatoo
That is why I did my Mom's laundry for her. Even with that, some things disappeared and some strange things appeared. She was in an alzheimers unit and I can't blame the residents for wandering and picking up things. You will probably never find it...sorry...
My Grandmother was in an alzheimers unit and her dentures disappeared. Another patient was known to go room to room acquiring things. Oh my gosh.....we found Grandma's dentures in the other lady's mouth.
'

My mother wore someone else's glasses for a month before I found the owner of them. Sigh...
Old 07-27-2011, 04:16 AM

Ask to go to others room and also to visit the laundry area in person. This is where we found most of my moms missing items that were already labeled.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:58 AM

The families that make the most visits and make the most noise about how their person is taken care of get the most results. Their person will be better taken care of because it is known that they care and WILL complaine to the managers, the state...........
Old 07-29-2011, 12:50 PM

March into the directors office and request they let you into the laundry. My Dads king sized quilt dissappeared in his nurseing home. I was able to locate it finally. I printed his name in black in letters about 10 inches high on the back. Too big to cover up and it does not wash out. He was so happy to get it back. They said they kept putting it back as it was taking too long to dry. After that I brought it home with his laundry. Good luck
Old 08-02-2011, 04:45 PM

I was the guardian for my great-aunt and did her laundry so that I was sure to visit her daily. This one day I went to her closet to hang her clothes up and low and behold nothing was in there. I asked the nurse about the empty closet and she giggled and said "Sophias been shopping again" So it does happen and usually it's someone that goes shopping.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:19 PM

I didn't have time to make my Mom a quilt when she moved into a skilled nursing facility, so I bought fleece and cut it into wheelchair size blankets for her. They were not stolen. I never even thought about it - though I wonder if a quilt might have 'disappeared.' Sad to think that might have happened - and that it did happen to you.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:07 PM

I may remember your post when you made this quilt. If you have a picture, make a lost sign with the pic and distrubute it to all the rooms when the family is there. Put some at the front desk for the night shift too. Perhaps it will come back to you.
So sorry this happened. Let everyone know you are upset and just want it returned.
Hugs
Old 08-12-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
I had heard that items are taken in '91 when I made this for my grandmother. Red and yellow were her favorite colors. It was easy to see who it belonged to.
How did you get her name on the quilt like that? :thumbup: Great idea!