Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: When do you start thinking about Christmas and holiday projects?

Are you kidding? I start thinking of creating new Christmass gifts when I see how much pleasure my friends and loved one get from the ones I make for them to open on Christmas Day. Okay, I'm too stuffed to do anything to think; so really the creating probably really starts on New Years. I love Christmas and I want everyone who is truly important to me to know it. I give each one something hand made, whether its quilted, sewed, crocheted, or painted. Creating ideas for friends currently.

Blog Entries
    Already buying and making Christmas gifts, if i see something i like i don't wait because it will be gone, When it gets close to the holidays i get too busy, so i start early.
    Mary

My friend and I are designating July as Christmas preparation month. We'll dedicate 31 days to either using Christmas fabric and /or making Christmas gifts. Hard to believe it's only 6 months away!!!
    Husker Barb

I actually started in January and I now have 4 quilts in the closet and one top almost complete (doing prairie points to finish it off).. Happy quilting
    Have a Blessed Day

Start, this year I have mine finished already. I usually start right after Christmas, as I am a hand quilter, and have been making my 4 kids and 2 grandkids table runners or table toppers, and it takes awhile to hand quilt. But I do have mine all finished this year, now I can relax and do something else. I really stayed with it this year, a I thought I was going to have to have shoulder surgery and would not be able to do anything for 4 months, but I have the quilting for Christmas finished and no surgery until fall.

Blog Entries
    I hope to start after this month. I have birthdays all the way up to this month. When December gets here, I have not only Christmas, but my husband's birthday is on Christmas Day, my son's Dec 21, and my daughter in law Jan 2.

To be honest, I'm almost always thinking about Christmas presents/gifts.

dd
    I'm glad to hear everyone is thinking about Christmas already. I'm thinking about it too but I want to hear what everyone is planning on making for those gifts we're all thinking about? I feel like I have made everything and am looking for some new ideas. Anyone?
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

I've got some wool ornaments on my mind for Christmas this year. I've collected wool forever, but haven't done anything with it. Have a pile of Christmas fabric I'd like to use up...maybe a scrappy one???

I started early this year - I'm making a dozen lap quilts so my goal was to finish one per month. Well here we are in June and I've finished ONE. Yikes! I've corrected some space issues that were making me give up in frustration, today am picking up a more quilt-friendly machine, and I have a week off of work later this month; so hopefully I can quickly finish off the six I have started and get a move on the rest! Fortunately a couple of them will go together really fast, but I had to go and try making one of them my first bargello style quilt and it's taking me FOREVER!

I usually start autumn stuff around now, then Christmas items and gifts in September when school starts.
    But I keep my eye open all the time for ideas for gifts.
    I know everything I WANT to know!

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    I am a "Christmas in July" person. I grab my container of Christmas fabric and my pile of Christmas quilt magazines and start making lists. I always seem to have ideas running around in my head all year long.
    quilting with my dogs

I can't get excited about Christmas until the weather gets cold.

Blog Entries
    I started in January as I had promised myself to do something for me this year & I have several table runners I want to do for the holidays. I did a hexagon one for my one table and just have to bind it, am waiting for the Christmas fabric to hit the stores as I know what I want and don't have enough so have to get something a little different but along the same lines.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

Blog Entries
    That's a good thought nstitches4u but here in Texas we have had short sleeve weather in December. LOL

It depends on how busy I am. Sometimes I have it in mind all year long, other years it is very last minute.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Thanksgiving weekend. It's an illness that I really should try to find a cure for....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3