Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
When does the quilting obsession create QUILTY GUILT??? >

When does the quilting obsession create QUILTY GUILT???

When does the quilting obsession create QUILTY GUILT???

Old 09-29-2011, 08:49 PM

When I go for several days without cooking a decent meal.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by hensandhollyhocks
My family, DH and DD think ANY amount of time is too much. Therefore, I am guilty a lot! Little do they know I am going go my first quilt show tomorrow. It is about an hour away, but I can be home before they are. Being a little sneaky isn't bad is it?
not even if you get caught!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:16 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by SueSew
How do you know you've pushed the limits on quilting time?????????
When does family or work put the guilt trip on you? What do you do to keep the balance?
only you know that.. If you feel guilty then there obviously is a problem...

My house will never be perfect, I will feed them cold sandwiches for dinner, and yes, I may have laundry that needs washing, but never will the time for quilting take over the time for my lil one & hubby.. She/they come first.. She will be grown up before I know it I can all the time for me after that..
Old 09-29-2011, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by wraez
My hubby doesn't care how much time I spend quilting or playing in my sewing room.

My guilt comes from NOT spending as much time as I want and should. I can go for long periods without sewing a single stitch, even tho in my head I have so many quilts, table runners, mug rugs, place mats etc that I WANT to work on but my body doesn't follow thru. I actually will lay in bed at night thinking how much I want to accomplish and be upset with myself for not doing a single thing ... just on the computer too much. Like now!
I can sooo agree with you on this!!!
K
Old 09-30-2011, 12:27 AM

I know I've pushed the limit when...my legs hurt to stand up, it hurts to move my shoulders and arms and the kink in the back of my neck is screaming ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!
Rarely, do I get any friction from DH about my quilting time, unless, he feels I need a tea break and to stretch alittle. After all...a Happy Wife is more fun to be around than a guilt-ridden unhappy one.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:36 AM

i'm very lucky because DH is an artist also so he understands how the passion can get in the way of other things.

when i'm in the zone he steps up and keeps day to day life running in our home and with our family and i do the same for him when he's in the zone.

i do try to run my artistic life like a full time job with set hours monday thru friday so that i can spend the weekend with my family.

for the most part this has worked very well and its rare that i have to work over the weekend on my art.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:08 AM

I never feel guilty cos of the pleasure I see on people's faces when I give them one of my quilts.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:21 AM

Quilting is like therapy. My family and quilting both need me, and I need them, therefore I quilt when I can and spend time with family when needed.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:48 AM

I give to work daily Mon - Sat during the day and family Mon - Sat at night except Friday's. I quilt with a friend. One Monday out of the month for my guild, and Sunday's are 1/2 with family, 1/4 cleaning house, and the rest sewing.

Everyone is happy!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:59 AM

I just make dates with my sewing room, No guilt I sewed lots of stuff for my kids when they were younger - now I have my Grandsons to sew for (The guilt I get it mommy guilt) when they ask me for something and I say no I beat myself up....I wont have as much guilt now that I will be going back to work....