Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
When an on-line store messes up >

When an on-line store messes up

When an on-line store messes up

Old 09-09-2011, 05:08 PM

I am frustrated right now. I ordered a half yard of fabric to go with two panels. The panels are character panels (Human Element by Billie Davids for Camelot Cottons) and the half yard is the table of contents that goes with the panels. It was clear that a half yard would suffice to give me two table of contents, yet whomever cut the fabric made it almost impossible for me to get two from the fabric. The first one is cut less than 1/4 from the top and the bottom one is cut down the center of the wording. So, I paid for half a yard, yet I can only use about nine inches.

That is one on-line store I will not purchase from in the future.

What a bummer. I am going to find another on-line store that carries this fabric and order another table of contents.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:10 PM

Can you contact them and see if the can send you another. If they have good customer service , They will want to make you happy
Old 09-09-2011, 05:12 PM

Contact them. Especially with something like that, they will make it right.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

If they have a good customer service they will make it right.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:18 PM

I was planning on making a quilt with the fabric this weekend. I waited almost three weeks for the fabric to come in the first place. I was really surprised at how long it took.

I will call them on Monday and see what they say. It will probably take another three weeks if they do send me more! Aargh. I found them on the ShopHop.... not from a recommendation. Lesson learned.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:26 PM

I would contact the company and give them the chance to make it right . The fabric may have been processed by a new person who did not realize what they were doing when they cut the fabric.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:30 AM
Power Poster

it is always difficult when a fabric has distinct pattern (like wording in lines) the quilt shop simply rolls out the fabric from the bolt and cuts the measurement you asked for- if it cuts down the center of a line of words- that is---what you asked for unfortunately-
one way to avoid this in the future is to ask them what the repeat measurement is= then you know if your measurement is going to land in the middle- or cut off the design-
and you can adjust how much you order.
many places employ people who might notice this but don't want to get in trouble- dont want to cut you more than you asked for- then you will be complaining you ordered 1/2 a yard but were charged for 5/8 ...or what ever it winds up being. ... it is important to find out what the repeat size is-
i once ordered 1 yard of a fabric from an lqs---and it was a panal- i did not realize instead of cutting one panal- she measured and cut 1 yard- and cut right through the middle of the next panal pictures----the owner was quite upset with the employee to find a panal ruined---but she was only cutting what i asked for- 3 of us lost in that deal- lesson learned all around.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:07 AM
Power Poster

sorry that happened. did you contact them to see if they will correct it?
Old 09-10-2011, 05:31 AM

Get on the phone and call them. I have had mess ups on my online orders and called and they always made it right. Most shops are really good and helpful.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:48 AM

Hi, I am Billie Davids and I realize this was way back in September but this was just brought to my attention. First of all Thank you from the bottom of my heart for using the fabric. This is my first fabric line and I am wondering if this got resolved or if you are still frustrated. If not let me know which fabric it is and I will make it right.

Thanks again, Billie Davids