Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: When are you STARTING next yeasr Xmas quilting???

I guess I should do at least 1 new Christmas quilt per year. That may be a new goal for the coming year. I didn't do one for 2010 since I already had many. Maybe I'll catch some Christmas fabric on sale in the after Christmas sales. I can get the fabric then & figure out a quilt to make afterward.

Cathy S/Willowwind

Quote Originally Posted by fireworkslover
    I already started for next year, last week. I'm making myself a new tree skirt. Found a pattern and fabric I love, now to figure out how to make a French braid and put it together.
    When you figure out how-to a French braid please let me know. I love that pattern BUT I must have it blocked in my wittle brain cuz I can't put it together (probably very easy and I'm trying too hard). Thanks.
    Have a blessed New Year

I just finished 3 Christmas quilts (1 more row to quilt on one and then I will quilt the small one later today). I still have one more Christmas quilt to make that my husband bought last year. (I think he wants me to stay out in the garage)

Yes ! That is what I am thinking too.....I will start right now on next year ! LOL...(we can start right in on the projects we didn't get done for this year)
    I will be sure to keep you updated throughout the year on how I am doing !
    Merry Christmas Everyone !

I will be starting tomorrow or the next. I've been to sick to do much and now need to clean up my house first. But I would love to have a bunch of stuff done so all I don't have to worry about this next year. I have been sick right on christmas for the past 4 years. I need to learn to get it done early!!!

I always start planning a year ahead of time and sometimes even buy the fabric. But there are plenty of times that the end result doesn't happen until several years later if at all!! I teach LPN's (adults) full time year round and it isn't always easy to find the time or energy to complete even the smallest projects. That's why my house is full of UFO's.

I have good intentions. Try to start in January but end up starting in November. Never know what to give all and then wind of finding new things to make in December. I will never learn.

Today...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn
    a couple years ago.... I'm a procrastinator :)
    Hey! That sounds like me!

I have not finished this year's yet! LOL I think I would like to do one thing a month. But postage is making me rethink the whole idea! Cost me a bundle this year and still has not made it yet to destination.

I plan to "play" in my sewing room today. Christmas celebrating got done on the 23rd and 24th. I have a Dollies Dresses wallhanging on my design board
    I started it in the summer but switched over to a blue, yellow, and green
    bed-size quilt for my Florida granddaughter. She got it this Christmas.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my fellow quilters.May you get alot of quilting done in 2011!

I have ALWAYS maintained the best time to do Christmas sewing is in January! Love getting the fabrics on sale :)

I moved and just found the fleece to make my Oklahoma kids their snuggies for this year. Then I'll think about what comes next (maybe)

At the rate I've been going lately, I should have started yesterday. :)

I tried to resist buying more fabric, but just happened to see a particular one on sale, and so, I bought it online on Dec. 24th.
    Merry Christmas to me! I hope that I can resist other sales in January and beyond. I already have too much fabric!

Dkm
    I want to make table runners for every month for a friend. I hope some of you posted your where I can go back and see them. I wanted to keep each post, but that became a little much. Well, I keep you posted on how many I get done.

I will start as soon as I finish this years
    :) :) :)

I didn't know you could ever have too much fabric!!!!!!! Don't ever tell my husband!!!!

I started today...... Yes, I am always the first one in line when a store opens or the first one sitting in church for a wedding. I just HATE to be late for anything!! So, with that said, after breakfast I deceided to work on a Warm Wishes quilt for next years gift giving season!!!

jodi in leavenworth

I ususally say I am going to start in January, but then end up starting in November. But, this year I started a project and did not have time to do multiples, so I decided it is my start for next year. i will make the other one for the girls and then I can move on to the next gifts.
    Hurray! Early Start for once.......

I have 2 quilt tops I wrapped up as is.- One daughter upwrapped it and ask "Do I leave it here for you to finish, or do I have to?" I told her I planned to finish, but she could if she wanted. She left it for me to finish.

Banned
    I have a nativity quilt that I started before Christmas but got busy with other things so it will come out in January to be completed for next year

I will probably start making a quilt next week, but not for Christmas next year. I didn't plan to make any for this Christmas and ended up making 3 at the last minute and giving one already made to a neighbor next door. I made 18 quilts this year, most since I retired in June.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanDal
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn
    a couple years ago.... I'm a procrastinator :)
    Hey! That sounds like me!
    I am right there with you. I started making mug rugs in November. Then one of our members here said she was going to make seven or eight quilts for a family that takes in fosters. I dropped everything and got the quilt done. They got it last Wednesday!

so everyone with whom I work got a mug rug and a little quilted animal ornament. I did not take pictures of any of them, darn it!

Very wet here at present as I have a few Christmas projects started, I am determined to finish them this coming week. I have made a resolution (even before the new year) that I am going to be more organised for Christmas 2011 and will definitely do gifts through out the year.

So we will see how we go. The best of intentions do not always go according to plan. We can only make plans!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast