Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where to buy preprinted paper for paper piecing >

Where to buy preprinted paper for paper piecing

Where to buy preprinted paper for paper piecing

Old 10-10-2015, 02:58 AM

Thangles are for HST's, not paper piecing. Well, now that I think of it, I guess you are paper piecing if you use those, or Triangulations, like I use. OK, I learned something today, I am paper piecing when I do HST's with my triangulations printed paper.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:04 AM

There is a product I saw used by a person at retreat called Stable Piecing foundations. They come printed with various blocks, shapes or patterns and can be purchased here: http://farmlandquilting.net/stable-piecing/ I have never used them but her quilt was beautiful and accurate. Good luck.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:24 AM

I have Triangulations which lets you print any size triangle or flying geese, love it. Also found newsprint reams on Amazon cheaper than the paper that is made for paper piecing and works fine in my printer.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:35 AM

I just photocopy the pattern on regular copy paper, it works just fine for me.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Pennyhal View Post
I've been searching for a site that sells preprinted paper for paper piecing. I can find lots of the paper, but I don't want to print it all myself. Any suggestions?

I have to ask.....do you not have a printer is why you don't want to print it yourself?
Old 10-10-2015, 09:15 AM
Power Poster

http://www.piecebynumber.com/pastbom/archbom.htm
Old 10-10-2015, 10:32 AM

I don't know how to get this posted. Looking for just setting instructions for Quilters Basket quilt from JoAnns. They cannot help me after much research.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I think inklingo does marking but I don't know if it's on material or paper.
Inklingo can be done on paper or fabric. I think it depends on your printer, though most can handle fabric these days. You have to adhere the fabric to freezer paper. Here is the info from her website: http://lindafranz.com/section/paper-pieces-to-print/140
Old 10-10-2015, 02:21 PM

Inklingo prints on either paper or the actual fabric, for either hand or machine sewing. There is some waste of fabric some of the shapes, but what is printed is both the cutting and sewing lines. If you are trying to sew triangles to squares, the extra part of the points of the triangles are automatically cut off, so it's exceptionally easy to match the triangle to the square. The sewing lines for circles include "marking lines, which makes it easy to make Drunken Path. If you go to the site, there is a free set of templates that you can download. If you have questions, you get almost immediate answers. The hexagon templates come in at least six sizes; you don't have to make paper inserts and you can sew the sides with running stitches, instead of whipped stitches. There are also templates for Millefiore patterns and even for Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:57 AM

dbaehr, you need to post your request in the section called "In Search Of", which you'll find if you scroll down on the page where the "Main" section (this one) appears at the top of the list. Post there the same way you did here. Good luck in your search.