Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where to buy preprinted paper for paper piecing >

Where to buy preprinted paper for paper piecing

Where to buy preprinted paper for paper piecing

Old 10-11-2015, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
If you want preprinted papers for piecing generic things like HST's, flying geese, etc. then you might look at
Triangles on a Roll - http://trianglesonaroll.com/products...triangle-paper. I'm pretty sure there are other similar products out there, but I can't remember the name.
there is also the software for hst, I have both cd's on is, each has different sizes, the second one goes down to 1/8 inch which is great, I used it alot for cival war quilts.

If you have the pattern, you can scan it thru the printer and keep cutting and adding and scanning until you come up with enough pieces to fill a sheet of paper and then print it on the printer. Of if you know someone with the Brother scan and cut they/you can either see if its one of the built in designs and print it or scan the pattern in and the machine will let you decide how many pieces you want and then print it out too. either way would work
Old 10-11-2015, 11:22 AM

I saw Legacy by Pellon at the quilt show in Des Moines. It is foundation piecing rather than paper piecing and is for like flying geese and there were several block patterns also. You do tear it away but it seemed to pull away very nicely without pulling the stitches. Also they had a compass block quilt on display that 5 or 6 different quilters had completed and it was amazing how accurate and precise all the blocks were. None of this 1/4 inch seam problem. Just stitched on the foundation. I found it amazing for the blocks that were already printed. I think each made a 12" block and you decided how to put it together. Of course, none of the sets had copyrighted patterns like Carol Doak's or Niemeyer's. I asked if it was sold by the yard and she said the product requires a special printer so you can't buy it and just use for something you copy.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:44 AM

Thanks for all the info! My search skills seem to be lacking.

I did not know of some of the links posted, but some of them have just what I needed. I used to be able to buy printed paper piecing paper by the bundles at quilt shows, but not anymore.

Yes, I should have posted in the ISO section. I apologize for my mistake.