Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where can I find the photo quilt software?

Good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by cabinfever
    Tammie Bowser...Yes this is the lady from Simply Quilts many years ago! She sells a grid on a mat where you can draw your own lines on any stabilizer, or you can buy the "Quilt Fuse" pre-drawn squares on the fusible in either 1.5" or 2" squares. Occasionally you'll even see 1" squares, but I'd hate to try to make that one lay flat. BTY, I found a nice lady from ebay who also sells on her own website, some of the fusible grid cheaply:
    Contact: Lisa Meyer 478-318-5860, 126 Alexandria Dr. Macon, GA. 31210. On ebay she is "lisameyer36".
    Thanks Cabinfever, I'll check that out as I'll need that grid paper to get my project underway. I won't start it until the Summer, but need to get things lined up now.
    Thanks again,
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Quote Originally Posted by mythreesuns
    Here is a site someone posted a few weeks ago, where you can upload your picture to. I do not think it is by the person you are talking about though.

http://www.vam.ac.uk/microsites/quilts/patchwork
    No it's not the same one; however, that's a pretty cool site! The concept seems about the same. Thanks for the link, I'll play around with that one as well.
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Yes to all those who said Tammie Bowser. I am not using her software at the moment, but do have one of her books fo sale. It really works! All the time you are putting your fabrics together, you think it will not turn out. But, once pieced and quilted, it is amazing. She has a blog you can sign up for also.

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    This is the system I used for my avatar ... and other portraits

I came across this site as I was surfing today. It's for a free software download called Quilt Assist. http://www.cosman.nl/software_en.html here's the software description
    "QuiltAssistant is free design-software that can help you to turn your photos into quilts. Rather than the traditional approach of breaking up the photo into little squares ('watercolor style') it allows you to divide the photo into pieces of arbitrary size and shape.
    On completing your design, you can print templates including seam allowances.
    A picture is worth a thousand words:"

I haven't downloaded yet as my computer is being stupid arrrg, but hope to download soon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katier825
    Interesting...I didn't know there was a software for that. I just put mine into PowerPoint and resize them or add borders before I print.
    How do you do that.If I knew how that would sure help.

Thanks,
    Barb55

I also met her there,
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    OH I saw this at the sewing expo my daughter loved the idea of doing it with the software.
    I also met her there and thought it was a fantastic program. I talked with her for quite awhile and she really sounded like she had incorporated so much of her knowledge into the program!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieG
    I came across this site as I was surfing today. It's for a free software download called Quilt Assist. http://www.cosman.nl/software_en.html here's the software description
    "QuiltAssistant is free design-software that can help you to turn your photos into quilts. Rather than the traditional approach of breaking up the photo into little squares ('watercolor style') it allows you to divide the photo into pieces of arbitrary size and shape.

Thanks for the info! I'd be careful about 'free downloads'. It seems that they had issues with it and had to de-bug the program per their statement towards the bottom of the page. The program itself seems cool!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

I haven't downloaded yet as my computer is being stupid arrrg, but hope to download soon

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    Quote Originally Posted by SusieG

Thanks for the info! I'd be careful about 'free downloads'. It seems that they had issues with it and had to de-bug the program per their statement towards the bottom of the page. The program itself seems cool!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Well I don't know how I did it, but my statement wound up in the middle of the other! LOL, technology ya gotta love it!
    Blessings again,
    MaryAnna

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2