Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where can I find the photo quilt software? >

Where can I find the photo quilt software?

Where can I find the photo quilt software?

Old 03-24-2011, 01:32 PM

I came across this site as I was surfing today. It's for a free software download called Quilt Assist. http://www.cosman.nl/software_en.html here's the software description
"QuiltAssistant is free design-software that can help you to turn your photos into quilts. Rather than the traditional approach of breaking up the photo into little squares ('watercolor style') it allows you to divide the photo into pieces of arbitrary size and shape.
On completing your design, you can print templates including seam allowances.
A picture is worth a thousand words:"

I haven't downloaded yet as my computer is being stupid arrrg, but hope to download soon
Old 03-24-2011, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by katier825
Interesting...I didn't know there was a software for that. I just put mine into PowerPoint and resize them or add borders before I print.
How do you do that.If I knew how that would sure help.

Thanks,
Barb55
Old 03-24-2011, 05:40 PM

I also met her there,
Originally Posted by Quiltforme
OH I saw this at the sewing expo my daughter loved the idea of doing it with the software.
I also met her there and thought it was a fantastic program. I talked with her for quite awhile and she really sounded like she had incorporated so much of her knowledge into the program!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by SusieG
I came across this site as I was surfing today. It's for a free software download called Quilt Assist. http://www.cosman.nl/software_en.html here's the software description
"QuiltAssistant is free design-software that can help you to turn your photos into quilts. Rather than the traditional approach of breaking up the photo into little squares ('watercolor style') it allows you to divide the photo into pieces of arbitrary size and shape.

Thanks for the info! I'd be careful about 'free downloads'. It seems that they had issues with it and had to de-bug the program per their statement towards the bottom of the page. The program itself seems cool!
Blessings,
MaryAnna

I haven't downloaded yet as my computer is being stupid arrrg, but hope to download soon
Old 03-25-2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnna
Originally Posted by SusieG

Thanks for the info! I'd be careful about 'free downloads'. It seems that they had issues with it and had to de-bug the program per their statement towards the bottom of the page. The program itself seems cool!
Blessings,
MaryAnna

Well I don't know how I did it, but my statement wound up in the middle of the other! LOL, technology ya gotta love it!
Blessings again,
MaryAnna
Old 11-17-2020, 09:17 AM

Default Big Quilt

Originally Posted by kathy View Post
I have one, I think it's called BIG QUILT
Hi Kathy, Can you tell me who is maker of the software? I had it also and i spilled water on it and now the disc won't play.
Old 11-17-2020, 09:59 AM

Sadly this is a very old thread in internet terms, 10 years old. Your disk should contain some information on the product/maker unless it was just a download stored on a disk.

Quilt Assistant linked above is still a going concern:
https://quiltassistant.com/

Electric Quilt has really upped their photo quilt capabilities in the latest version as well.

We have many other ways of dealing with this sort of thing now and it might be the perfect time to look at some of the other solutions.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:44 AM

Try sewart.com. Her name is Tammie Bowser. She also did a couple of video on Sewing with Nancy that shows her process. The software is very good and the web site will also give the schedule of her virtual classes.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by willcy View Post
Hi Kathy, Can you tell me who is maker of the software? I had it also and i spilled water on it and now the disc won't play.
This is a disc, like a compact disc, that got wet and somehow the water damaged it?? 🤔
Old 04-14-2022, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnna View Post
I've forgotten the name of the lady who invented this technique and her software company name.
The software digitizes your photos and figures out how to make it into a quilt.
Does anyone know her name, software company name, and where I can buy the software?
Thanks!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Hi Mary Anna,
The woman you're thinking of may be Tammie Bowser. She's located in South Pasadena, CA. Her books and software can be found at Amazon. Google her. She's incredible and she's also my teacher and friend. Good luck