Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where did the day go? >

Where did the day go?

Where did the day go?

Old 02-21-2012, 04:27 AM

I spent the day cutting out and fusing 4 more blocks together from the "Affairs of the Heart" book. There are 36 patterns altogether and so far now I have 12 fused and ready to applique'. I have worked on this for about 4-5 days, but usually get about 2 blocks a day. In between that, I did a few things around the house, a couple of loads of laundry and about 3:30 went out to help DH cover pipe in the yard....he's running water pipe from the new water well so we'll have well water to water our yard with from now on. May even hook up the house to it after I have it tested.
All in all a good day!
Old 02-21-2012, 04:29 AM

Had a pretty good day. Went out for breakfast and then found some paper for my paper-piecing. 500 sheets of newsprint for $5.95. Then got a new ink cartridge for printer. Home and finished up the last of my (144) Log Cabin blocks, and got it laid out. Cleaned up (sort of) sewing room, went out for Mexican food with girl-friend, then back home, knitted some rows for a afghan, finished reading a book, and then to bed.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:48 AM
Power Poster

I went to JoAnns armed with coupons and only used my 10% off total sale. Every piece of fabric I wanted was already on sale for 25% off so didn't buy it but did get interfacing and rotary blades at 50% off. Three pieces of flannel at 40% off and a desk OttLite for 50% off. Then came home and did nothing productive.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:54 AM

I also went to Joanns, it takes most of the day as its a 1 1/2 hr drive. I got my fusible fleece for 50% plus my 10% discount. Came home and finished a purse that I started Sun. Had left overs for dinner.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:54 AM

Mine has been a very exhausting day. I had to work but that wasn't the exhausting part. My granddaughter (11months)has surgery on Friday (in the hospital that I work in), she's been sick for the past 2 wks so we've all been stretched thin. I watch my grandkids on my days off Thur -Sat to make it easier on my DD to support her family. This week on my days off I spent my time running back and forth to the hosptial and taking care of the 5yr old son. Then when I came back to work on Sun it was running back and forth between floors of where I work and where she was to check on her. Yes, her parents were there but I had to also check. I'm very close to my grandkids. Yesterday, consisted of me not only getting myself up at 5am to go to work but also the 5yr old. I brought him with me (no school-holiday) fed him breakfast and around 8 took him upstairs to be with his mom. Then for several hours it was more of balancing out my job and checking on them and giving DD a break. Finally around 2 yesterday they got to go home. I had a machine embroidery class to go to last night that I cancelled before she got out of hospital and I was glad I did. I went home at 5 and slept for most of the evening; got up for about an hour and half then back to sleep. I feel much better today. I can't believe how exhausted I was and the funny thing is that if it wasn't for the alarm clock I wouldn't have gotten up at all this morning.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:10 AM

I had a very busy day, worked in the shed cutting chipboard in the morning made a roast for the workers for lunch, 1.15 friends arrived to do some quilting but it was so hot and I was so tired from working in the shed all I did was iron the last of my blocks, sat down to read a couple of mags but couldn't concentrate so I came into the house to make a cuppa for the girls then they both came in and we watched a quilting DVD then it was time to cook dinner. now I am sitting at the computer when I should be loading the dish washer and going to bed. maybe tomorrow I will feel up tp tackling my quilt.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:19 PM

Got home from big bear, babies first snow. Then she decided to scream and cry all day rattling my nerves, finally calmed down and got her to sleep, sewed some of my bargello, almost thought I screwed up, but did the end of the section instead of the first and pressed all of it the wrong way, had to repress, got frustated. So I would say frustrated sums up my president's day