Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Where did the day go?

Where did the day go?

Today is President's day! I spent all day (since I had the day off), worked on a warm wishes quilt. Got tired of that after many hours, so then I cut 10" blocks for the 10" block quilt (love this pattern), then I decided to cut my scraps into 10" squares, 6" squares, 5", 4", 3" squares. Also, thimble blocks and 2x 8 blocks for rail fence. I think I created a monster! I got scraps, and blocks everywhere!! I looked around and there they are!!! Still a full bin of scraps and a full ziploc XXL bag of scraps and a clear tote full. I don't think I made a dent in the scraps, but it sure was good to get some cut up. When I closed the door, I thought the day flew by. Where did yr day go?
    Last edited by deedum; 02-20-2012 at 05:31 PM.

We had a decently warm day outside so hubby & I brought up some firewood from the backyard stacks and stacked it on the front porch - not a very 'sewing' day.

I made up for it though as earlier in the day I went to Hancock Fabrics and bought all the sewing supplies I need to make a new vest for our sons therapy dog. The dog likes to chew the straps on her vest... after so many repairs it is simply time to replace it. She doesn't chew it when it's on her - she will find it laying some where, grab it, nuzzle with it and then, when no one is looking, she chews up the straps.

Shari

Sounds like she needs a made for her doggy toy with straps! I'm working on rocking chair cushions for my friend, my husband refinished her rocker and I'm making new cushions.

Sounds like you had a productive day! Congrats! I on the other hand spent the day grocery shopping and about 2 hours in the LQS. Had a wonderful time, the gals there want me to join in on a sew in on Wed. and the quild on Tues. Saw and old friend there while shopping, she quilted 3 quilts for me before I got my Midarm. Then came home and had to separate, slice and repackage meat. Laundry, dusting, swish the potty clean, and then supper. Finally sat down to sew about 8:30 and realized the day was gone. So here I am!

Slept in, caught up on laundry, baked brownies, made homemade soup and bread. Went upstairs and fondled a little fabric (gosh that doesn't sound quite right), but decided I was just to antsy to actually sit down and get some sewing accomplished. Tonight I looked through cookbooks and quilting magazines. Dreading going back to work tomorrow.

Worked on a needle turn wall hanging, I'm just learning. Sorted out beads for my next embelishment class, watched a lill TV, Read a couple of chapters in a book, Just can't seam to really get into it, cleaned up sewing area, pretended not to see the bargello on my design wall. It's a UFO I must get done or out of the house this year, it is from a class I took last year, and it's one of those quilts that your think would really be fun to make but find you just don't like it. Love the color , but all those seams to keep matched! what was I thinking?? OH YA! I wasn't!! LOL Didn't really do a whole lot today.

My husband was off work today, so we slept late. I spent the afternoon visiting my Dad and Grandmother and going to buy a few groceries. My daughter-in-law's niece got my son's truck stuck in the pasture. Then he got the 4-wheeler stuck trying to pull her out. All the time they have been out there, I am standing out watching and laughing. My son was quite upset with her; but I told him that now he knew how his dad felt when he got vehicles stuck. Anyway, that took up some of my day. I did some hand quilting while I watched "The Voice" and the rest of the evening has been on the computer.
    Linda

Sounds like a wonderful day! I am envious! Mine was busy but not with fabric! :-)

I hung out with DH until it was time for him to go teach an evening EMS class. Then I worked on DD's quilt until The Voice came on. Mostly a wasted day, but we all need those once in a while. ;-)

I finished (yes FINISHED!!) a flannel lap quilt I started 5 years ago. Nothing else got done around the house.

I spent the day cutting out and fusing 4 more blocks together from the "Affairs of the Heart" book. There are 36 patterns altogether and so far now I have 12 fused and ready to applique'. I have worked on this for about 4-5 days, but usually get about 2 blocks a day. In between that, I did a few things around the house, a couple of loads of laundry and about 3:30 went out to help DH cover pipe in the yard....he's running water pipe from the new water well so we'll have well water to water our yard with from now on. May even hook up the house to it after I have it tested.
    All in all a good day!
    Those who are piecemakers will sew seeds.

Hugs,
    Drue

Blog Entries
    Had a pretty good day. Went out for breakfast and then found some paper for my paper-piecing. 500 sheets of newsprint for $5.95. Then got a new ink cartridge for printer. Home and finished up the last of my (144) Log Cabin blocks, and got it laid out. Cleaned up (sort of) sewing room, went out for Mexican food with girl-friend, then back home, knitted some rows for a afghan, finished reading a book, and then to bed.

Blog Entries
    I went to JoAnns armed with coupons and only used my 10% off total sale. Every piece of fabric I wanted was already on sale for 25% off so didn't buy it but did get interfacing and rotary blades at 50% off. Three pieces of flannel at 40% off and a desk OttLite for 50% off. Then came home and did nothing productive.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

I also went to Joanns, it takes most of the day as its a 1 1/2 hr drive. I got my fusible fleece for 50% plus my 10% discount. Came home and finished a purse that I started Sun. Had left overs for dinner.

Blog Entries
    Mine has been a very exhausting day. I had to work but that wasn't the exhausting part. My granddaughter (11months)has surgery on Friday (in the hospital that I work in), she's been sick for the past 2 wks so we've all been stretched thin. I watch my grandkids on my days off Thur -Sat to make it easier on my DD to support her family. This week on my days off I spent my time running back and forth to the hosptial and taking care of the 5yr old son. Then when I came back to work on Sun it was running back and forth between floors of where I work and where she was to check on her. Yes, her parents were there but I had to also check. I'm very close to my grandkids. Yesterday, consisted of me not only getting myself up at 5am to go to work but also the 5yr old. I brought him with me (no school-holiday) fed him breakfast and around 8 took him upstairs to be with his mom. Then for several hours it was more of balancing out my job and checking on them and giving DD a break. Finally around 2 yesterday they got to go home. I had a machine embroidery class to go to last night that I cancelled before she got out of hospital and I was glad I did. I went home at 5 and slept for most of the evening; got up for about an hour and half then back to sleep. I feel much better today. I can't believe how exhausted I was and the funny thing is that if it wasn't for the alarm clock I wouldn't have gotten up at all this morning.
    Judy

I had a very busy day, worked in the shed cutting chipboard in the morning made a roast for the workers for lunch, 1.15 friends arrived to do some quilting but it was so hot and I was so tired from working in the shed all I did was iron the last of my blocks, sat down to read a couple of mags but couldn't concentrate so I came into the house to make a cuppa for the girls then they both came in and we watched a quilting DVD then it was time to cook dinner. now I am sitting at the computer when I should be loading the dish washer and going to bed. maybe tomorrow I will feel up tp tackling my quilt.

Got home from big bear, babies first snow. Then she decided to scream and cry all day rattling my nerves, finally calmed down and got her to sleep, sewed some of my bargello, almost thought I screwed up, but did the end of the section instead of the first and pressed all of it the wrong way, had to repress, got frustated. So I would say frustrated sums up my president's day