Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where do you buy Quilters Select rulers? >

Where do you buy Quilters Select rulers?

Where do you buy Quilters Select rulers?

Old 10-11-2022, 08:46 AM
Power Poster

Maybe The Quilt Show and Missouri Star have a different contract than your local quilt shop.

The Quilt Show is Alex Anderson who is partnered with QS brand.

There are many online shops that sell QS rulers. Fat Quarter shop, Keepsake Quilting, Missouri Star, Quilt in A Day, and many smaller online stores. The quilt shops in my area sell them from their online shops too. I don't understand a company saying their product could be sold only to customers who pay in person.
Old 10-11-2022, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine View Post
When a quilt shop carries Quilter's Select, they have to sign a contract that says they won't sell them online. Maybe The Quilt Show and Missouri Star have a different contract than your local quilt shop.
That's interesting. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-12-2022, 07:05 AM

It is a pity that QS rulers are not more widely available from online sources, Amazon in particular. I got mine shipped free when I ordered from an online fabric seller who also stocked QS rulers. That said, I really had to hunt around to find a seller who both had free shipping on large orders AND QS rulers!

I have seen them listed on Etsy sites.
Old 10-12-2022, 03:50 PM
Power Poster

When a quilt shop carries Quilter's Select, they have to sign a contract that says they won't sell them online. Maybe The Quilt Show and Missouri Star have a different contract than your local quilt shop.

I went to the lqs today and I asked the owner if it was in the contract to not sell QS online. She said she would never have signed a contract like that. Online sales are what keeps her shop open for customers and most shops have an online store.
Old 10-12-2022, 07:57 PM

When I was the manager of our quilt shop, we had to sign a contract stating that we wouldn't sell our QS rulers online. So why can some, and not others. Interesting.... Maybe things have changed in the last 1 1/2 years?
Old 10-12-2022, 09:36 PM
Power Poster

??? Lots of changes in the last year in a lot of things. Maybe the company wanted to support local shops by having a contract but found out it was hurting the sales instead.
Old 10-13-2022, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

I ended up ordering it from The Quilt Show. They had the best price and shipping. That's where I got my original set when they had a special a few years ago.
Thanks for all the comments, everyone!
Old 10-14-2022, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

If you go to quilt shows the box special is the best buy. You get ruler, mat, rotary cutter, thread, and lots of extra for half the amount if bought separate, at least at the last show I attended. The box was $99. I already had the ruler size and they let me change it for another. My friend had the cutter so she got to exchange for another QS product. Excellent customer service.
Old 10-15-2022, 04:45 AM

Red Rock Threads is where I bought mine