Where do you donate?

Where do you donate?

Old 12-31-2010, 03:02 AM

Both guilds I belong to donate quilts to
Child Protective Services. If a child must
go to a foster home they get a quilt to take
with them.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:28 AM

I make lap quilts for our local VA hospital. They don't belong to the hospital, but are given to the vets. The need is a constant one...+
Old 12-31-2010, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

I have made some to donate to our local No kill cat shelter to raffel off, at their dinners. Thats it so far, but I would LOVE to do more....now that the kids are older, I should have more FUN time!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:58 AM

One guild I belong to gives to Habitat for Humanity and people in the community who have fires, a pregnancy center, Toys for Tots. They have over 200 members. They do about 300 quilts a year.
The other guild gives to the domestic violence safe house. A smaller group of predominately working women. They do about 100 quilts a year.
I have given to the Veterans Nursing Home here.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:59 AM

I donate to an elementary school. They have used them to raise money for the school in the past. The last things I donated were placed in the library for the children to snuggle with when they were in there reading. I also donate to a national service dog organization to raise funds for dogs that are provided at absolutely no charge to those in need of them.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:00 AM

There is a program in Ohio called "Kids in Camp". It's a wonderful place to donate. The camp is for troubled kids and each one gets their own quilt.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:48 AM

You can go to www.projectlinus.org, click on your state and see what chapters are in your area that you can volunteer and help. You might even want to start you own chapter. I know that we make a difference in our community. We had a goal of 600 blankets and took in 2.938 this year. The partnership with Disney brought in 2,000 in five weeks. We also make weighted blankets for children with special needs and autism spectrum disorder. I am very proud of the ladies and gentleman who volunteer and provide for our area of Southwest Missouri. Our chapter motto is: We make a difference one stitch at a time.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:57 AM

One of the local churches has the food pantry for this area, so I take my small quilts there, they are always happy to get them. :)
Old 12-31-2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by SuziC
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I'm really excited b/c today I found out where a group meets for Project Linus.
Can't wait to get involved!!!!!!!! :D
That is great...i wish there was a group like that near me.
Start one!
Old 12-31-2010, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by jdiane318
You can go to www.projectlinus.org, click on your state and see what chapters are in your area that you can volunteer and help. You might even want to start you own chapter. I know that we make a difference in our community. We had a goal of 600 blankets and took in 2.938 this year. The partnership with Disney brought in 2,000 in five weeks. We also make weighted blankets for children with special needs and autism spectrum disorder. I am very proud of the ladies and gentleman who volunteer and provide for our area of Southwest Missouri. Our chapter motto is: We make a difference one stitch at a time.
Just curious, what are "weighted blankets"? I have a special needs child and know lots of parents of and kids w/autism and special needs and have never heard of this.
TIA,
Chris