Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where do you get your inspiration? >

Where do you get your inspiration?

Where do you get your inspiration?

Old 08-08-2012, 06:33 AM

I get my inspiration from fabrics. I view fabrics as a map to my creativity and go from there. I do not use "cookie patterns" and design and create my own patterns. When I see a fabric I immediately know how I'm going to use it in some project that I haven't designed yet. Thats how I roll.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by wesing View Post
I can't post a link with this Android, but we used a rocket fabric for a baby quilt and posted on the QB. The title is Take 5 - Grandma's quilt for baby.

Sometimes inspiration takes time. We are stil staring at a couple of stacks of fabric for Kim's brother and sister-in-law.

Darren
What a coincidence...I bought the exact same rocket fabric. The coordinating fabrics i bought have similar tones as well, although I also picked a light teal. I like what you did with it.

I also am drawn to the warm wishes pattern. I've probably seen it before but forgot about it.

Creativity isn't one of my strong points but once I catch onto a good idea I can usually squeeze out enough to get a good project going. I have designed a few quilts from scratch (a beautiful flower one, and a really cute sail boat) but usually I take someone else's idea and change it up to make it my own. It's catching that great idea that's the hard part....

Thank you everyone who replied....I am amazed by the number of responses!! *feeling the love* There are some great ideas here.