Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where do you get your quilting books?

LDB
    Try the local public library. I was recently drooling over a bargello book but was intimidated by what looks to be a very complicated process. Happened to wander into this section at my local library and found the same book. It allowed me to preview the book and instructions free! Using the library is also very 'green'. I am sure they have a woodworking selection as well. Best of all, the price is free!

I buy alot from resale shops,goodwill, library sales, yardsales, and have gotta alot of mine from paperbackswap on the internet. Thats my favorite place. Yes I'm cheap but its the only way I can afford to buy a book.
    I do alot of library borrowing also.

Large used book stores have wonderful sections at less than half price we have McKay's in TN and I usually find alot under $5
    Moosegirl

I usually buy used or gently used quilt books from Amazon's vendors and they arrive "new". I like it that they are in softcover; I always seem to be years behind everyone else, so I tend to buy quilt books that have been out for awhile. Have also bought from Hamilton books and from Joanne's using a coupon. If you could list your titles online so that when someone searches on the title they appear, that would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by sewingladydi
    Amazon, ebay, sales at local quilt guild & Joann's with coupon. A very few at LQS-(too expensive)
    Same here. I hate to pay full price for a book. I love it when I go to an estate sale and find quilt books!! :-P

Amazon, ebay, sales at local quilt guild & Joann's with coupon. A very few at LQS-(too expensive)
    Me to with Amazon. I can buy them and sometimes they are brand new.

I just bought one yesterday from Goodwill for $1.50. I'll be checking there more often.

Quilting books = lessons
    Lessons = quilts
    Quilts = fun
    Where? Library

Quote Originally Posted by gollytwo
    If I want it new Amazon; used I buy from one of Amazon's used listings
    Also half-price books

Barnes & Noble does internet sales also. I bought a set of classics for my DGS for Christmas and Barnes & Noble had the best price.

The more we save on those quilting books allow us to spend more on fabric. And we all LOVE our stashes :)

I ususally get mine from Crafter's Choice, but will buy from anywhere depending on the price. Would love to see the listing.

I get them where the price (with shipping) is the best. I'll generally look for used books first, either here or on the other online selling boards. Only if I can't find it and need it quickly will I then go to Connecting Threads or Amazon.

Connecting Threads, Amazon, Hancocks of Paducah, Martingale Publishing (That Patchwork Place) - all have good discounts 40-50% and clearances. Also locally from JoAnn's w coupons and Half Price Books has them at times, it's hit or miss there :)

i buy a lot of my books from Amazon and e bay

Blog Entries
    I have bought tons of them, mostly magazines but some books at garage sales. As far as I'm concerned, they never go out of style. mostly pay about .10-.50

Besides local suppliers, I order online when they are on sale or from AQS. As a memeber you get a pretty good discount when you buy multiple books. And. . . they sales are good.

Amazon always has the best deals 4 me.

I buy most of my books from Connecting Threads when they are running 40% off. I generally only buy the newer releases and not older books.

I didn't realize their were wholesalers for just quilt books - I say Go For It

I get my quilt books from either JoAnne's with their 40% off coupon, or from the local quilt shop using their coupons. In Phoenix, we have 35th Ave and Northern Avenue quilt shop and we have Mulqueens Quilt Shop. They each have several locations to choose from. Only buy when I have a coupon, as other patterns are available for free from various internet quilting sites. from, Debbie

Ditto

what a good deal to get all those books, you could always recycle the ones you do not want.....lucky me to have a half price book store in my town, i go there first, and get good quilting books for $2 to $6 each, depending on the author, how old the book is, etc.....if i cant find it there, my husband has free shipping with amazon.....i just hate waiting for the book to get here........gina

Harry, books are very expensive in Australia. Most soft covered quilting books are Starting at the $50 mark for books which I see listed in the States for $15. A lot of people use the U.K. site that I will list below for you to compare. There are a few others, but this seems to be the most popular amongst my crowd.Hope my info. is helpful to you - after all, we are a much smaller market than the Americas and Europe.
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/

Mine are purchased from here, ebay and half priced book store. One in a while if I really want it from Barnes & Nobles.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast