Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where do you sew and quilt? >

Where do you sew and quilt?

Where do you sew and quilt?

Old 02-19-2010, 03:36 PM

I'm truly blessed...have a big house for only the two of us so I have TWO rooms for quilting. I have my sewing machine on a desk with a table 90 degrees---touching and to the left of my desk. My ironing board is set up in this room, too. I use the guest bed across the hall to lay out my quilt and pin the sandwich together---works well as I usually do smaller quilts. :lol:
Old 02-19-2010, 04:11 PM

My sewing machine is on one side of the living room & the ironing board is on the other side, so I HAVE to move around some. Right now, both the coffee table & most of the dining table are covered with fabric. AND I have one room that is designated "The Fabric Shoppe".
Last weekend, my friend Sara & I were sewing the binding down on a quilt in our hotel room.

So, really, the answer is ...... EVERYWHERE!!! ;)
Old 02-19-2010, 04:57 PM

We used to have a family room on the upper level of the house. It is now my sewing room until I take over a bedroom.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
We enclosed our garage, added paneling, carpet, bathroom, etc. Its all mine! :thumbup:
VERY cool
Old 02-19-2010, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by yourstrulyquilts
I used to quilt where I could find the room. As each kid moved out I got a bigger room. Now I occupy what used to be the Family Room. It's an add-on by the guy that used to own it, and it has baseboard heat, and it cost a lot to heat it. DH is always cold and I'm always hot, so I have the FR, and I keep it kinda cool. It is the biggest room in the house and I'm Lovin' it! It's got a closet, a place for a small refer (that's where my batting is) and shelves and cupboards all built in. I have it decorated in African, focusing on elephants. I love it there; so quiet, unless I want tv or stereo. :thumbup:
OK I have seen this DH several times. What does it mean?
Old 02-19-2010, 05:19 PM

When my DS moved out, i took over jis bedroom for a sewing room. i was previously in the basement laundry room-no windows and sort of cold. i called it the dungeon! i love having a room that no one else has to go in. I have a TV, computer and all my craft stuff in one place. i can leave it out and shut the door. i still haven't gotten it all organized yet for the Jan. challenge.lol
Old 02-19-2010, 06:56 PM

When I'm sewing I use the 14x14 bedroom that we converted after the kids moved out. It has a beautiful 6' window that lets a lot of light in. I used to have my sewing "room" all over the house but now I'm in heaven! When I hand quilt, I use the family room since that's where the TV is!
Old 02-19-2010, 06:58 PM

Katiebear...I know the jargon is hard to get sometimes because I still scratch my head but this one is Dear Hubby.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:59 PM

I have a sewing room now after our son moved out to go to college and now he is working in another town. I have a little TV in the sewing room just for playing movies, it isn't hooked up to satellite. Any seam ripping I do in the living room and watch TV with hubby.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
This will be cool to find our where you sew and quilt at?

Monday night I learned how to paper piece so I brought my sewing machine in the family room on the sewing table in there, had to move hubby's recliner chair, so he sat on my recliner chair. I used 2 tv trays one for my pressing and the other one for my small cutting mat since I was paper piecing. I have a sewing room on the other end of house but no tv, no pc. ha ha

This summer I will be using the sun porch but we don't heat it in the winter time.

Okay who is next?

Karen "Craftybear" Indiana, USA (* Beginner Quilter)
I sew wherever I can clear a spot to put my sewing machine! I do have a room upstairs, but I'm slow at getting it organized into my sewing room!