Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where do you... >

Where do you...

Where do you...

Old 06-21-2012, 05:32 AM

Do you have a garage or carport? Lay down and old sheet or something then lay your quilt on it. I had to move furniture so I could pin baste my 100" x 85" quilt.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

Go here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhwNylePFAA
Old 06-21-2012, 06:54 AM

You can do this sized quilt in sections on a table top. Start in the middle and work your way out. I have seen utubes on this technique. They are pinned or spray basted. Yes, it take a little extra time, but most people are happy with it. I think one of the 'quilters' that shows this is Eleanor Burns. Go to her site quiltinaday.com and go to her video sections. I'm sure it is in there somewhere. I'd get it for you but I need to head out the door for work....
Old 06-21-2012, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by anita211 View Post
I have a quilt that needs to be sandwiched. The problem is, the quilt is 108" x 108" which is 9 feet square. I wuold love to spray baste, but need to be outdoors or at least in an area where one is not breathing the fumes from the stuff. Then there is pin basting, but we don't have the floor space, table space, any space to put it on so that I can get the darn thing sandwiched.

Does anybody have ideas on how/where I should go to get enough room to lay this thing out sothat I can finish it. I forgot to mention, putting this on a floor (which there isn't a 10 foot square area on the floor) is not an option. I have a cat, and I have a cocker spaniel. Both would be trying to 'help.'

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lucky me, I have access to our church's social hall and as many tables as I need.