Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where will YOUR fabric go when you go to Heaven? >

Where will YOUR fabric go when you go to Heaven?

Where will YOUR fabric go when you go to Heaven?

Old 07-31-2010, 04:09 AM

I have told all of my children that I will come back to haunt them if they sell my stuff at a garage sale or put it in the dump. My daughters and then my nieces get first chance to help themselves. If none are interested, then it all goes to my quilt guild to be shared and enjoyed and the good stuff (they will know) auctioned off among guild members to provide needed funds for the guild and community projects. I definately have enough fabric, patterns, thread, rulers and supplies to share with all guild members. My machine collection would supply the necessary $ to run guild activities for quite some time. Other quilters are the only people who would appreciate let alone use the quilting supplies I have collected.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:24 AM

I want mine to go into 5lb bundles and donated to the 3 small charity thrift stoes that I haunt. That way I can look down and see all the happy quilters posting their "fabulous find" on this board!
Old 07-31-2010, 04:27 AM

My Daughter will get most then the granddaughter will have her pick of whats left. I hope they have fun telling stories about me sewing like I did with my mom when my grandmother passed away my mom aunt and I went though her stash and remembered things she had make with the fabric from clothes to quilts and it made a sad time a happy memorial
Old 07-31-2010, 04:31 AM

Everything goes to my daughter it is set up in our will. To much money involved just to leave it up in the air. Our son will get all of his dads tools etc.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:43 AM

Mine will go to a quilt group I belong to. They may have what they want and the rest will go to someone that wants to quilt but doesn't have the $ for the toys, machines or fabric. I have already discussed it with the group and my family.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:53 AM

Mine will go to my sil shes the one who got me started unless one of my grandchildren are all grown up and interested by then
Old 07-31-2010, 05:08 AM

This is one of those thoughts that I tend to ignore. But it pops in & out of my brain as I cruise around my favorite thrift stores and see so many beautiful quilts and supplies as my first thought is " how sad" as someone took alot of time & love to make this quilt & here it sits in a thrift shop. And so once again I found myself pondering that nagging question...what will happen to my stash & supplies? as someone else mentioned just the money involved should be cause enough to make sure someone who would appreciate it gets what you have. But....my thoughts always end there as I have 2DD's & 4 GD's & 2 GGD's and so far none of them have the slightest interest. My only thoughts are maybe a charity or guild that would give to someone who is less fortune then I. Great topic....I have printed out the Quilters Will and will now give this more serious thought.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:18 AM

LMBO! My kids would keep anything I've made, IF it is finished. None of the females in the family do any sewing. Hubby is always after me to clear out my "stuff", so my bet it that it will will trashed. Since I don't have a stash , and I don't have a lot of equipment, and what I do have is already old and not that great, it can be taken to Goodwill. Although, I do have my original Featherweight, and they have a good idea of it's worth, and daughter did "sort of learn to sew" on it,so she would keep that one. I'm just glad that I won't have to be the one to sort and dispose of all my books, records, tapes etc.!! Boy, will they be swearing at me!
Old 07-31-2010, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by candlequilter
I don't think they would let you dig a grave deep enough for it all and besides it is way to much money to put in a hole. I probably have $40,000 in machines and quilts alone.
Too funny! I am doubled over laughing but this is so true.

I have 14 children and most of them that are old enough quilt. They would get firs toption and then all the wonderful ladies I quilt with at my house. If DH survives me he will get the vintage machines and any quilts that he wants and are not specifically for a child. I guess for whomever it means something I would like them to have something.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
I want mine to go into 5lb bundles and donated to the 3 small charity thrift stoes that I haunt. That way I can look down and see all the happy quilters posting their "fabulous find" on this board!
So sweet. I was thinking the same. Even if it goes to a thrift store it most likely finds it way to the people that want it. I have a dear friend who is on dissability and she finds her main stash at thrift stores.