Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where would a new member ask a dumb question?

Our public TV showed an old Georgia Bonesteel program and Georgia went on a trip to Switzerland. One place had big stuffed chickens in a black&white fabric and the body was about 10" high. The chicken had 2 long bright yellow legs and some red prairie points to be a tail, comb, and wings. There was a yellow beak. The body looked to be 4 stuffed triangles. It was so darn cute! I haven't been able to find a pattern but did get a tiny 3" chicken pincushion, made the same way at our Mt. Olive Quilt Guild show. I just joined and don't know where to begin to look for this chicken but suspect you discussed this in the past.

Blog Entries
    look in links and resources for a thread that gives a link to "chicken pincushion". :) Welcome to the board!

Blog Entries
    I know the episode that you are talking about :D:D:D
    Those were a pattern sold at that shop in Switzerland. I think it was an original design of their's. I will see what I can dig up :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Wow...that is a hard one to find...I believe it came from this quilt shop

http://www.patchart.ch/
    Even using translate on my computer I could not find anything there regarding the chicken pattern. Maybe someone else will have better luck with this site?

I did find a reference to the patterns name "Happy Chicken" in a Georgia Bonesteel show. But I don't know for sure that is the actual name of the pattern.

Sorry I couldn't do any better :(

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    look in links and resources for a thread that gives a link to "chicken pincushion". :) Welcome to the board!
    This wasn't really a pincushion, it is a fairly large stuffed chicken.

Blog Entries
    Georgia has a blog! and she answers readers. I bet she remembers or can find out about the chicken pattern.

Hello, and welcome from Missouri! I didn't see the show, but I love watching Georgia Bonesteel. Watched her when I first got interested in quilting. I have tons of her old video tapes. Will have to watch them again and see if I have a chicken tape!

Welcome from Oklahoma
    There are no dumb questions...just unaswered ones...

Blog Entries
    Is she even taping new shows anymore? The last two years all of the shows PBS airs are all reruns....

Is this what you are looking for?
    Attached Images Attached Images

OMG,that chicken with the long legs and red feet is ADORABLE!! I want to make one.

Blog Entries
    maksi...that long legged chicken is ADORABLE!!!

I have the pincushion pattern here...somewhere...but I don't think that is the pattern you are looking for. Hope you find it though!

The pattern for Happy Chicken is in this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Georgia-Bonest...574328441#noop

Quote Originally Posted by amma

Even using translate on my computer I could not find anything there regarding the chicken pattern. Maybe someone else will have better luck with this site?

I did find a reference to the patterns name "Happy Chicken" in a Georgia Bonesteel show. But I don't know for sure that is the actual name of the pattern.

Wow! What a website. I don't speak German or whatever but it was fun poking around! I found some Slash and Wack that was so interesting, I wish I did understand German. Thanks.

Is she even taping new shows anymore? The last two years all of the shows PBS airs are all reruns....
    I think the ones shown in Birmingham, Alabama are a few years old. I love them anyway. I didn't get to see them before but now that I'm retired, am enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maksi
    Is this what you are looking for?
    No, but they are beautiful! The first ones you have are too curvey. The second batch are similar but these had long yellow feet. You'll see in the book another member found.

I have that book, somewhere. i will have to look for it!

Quote Originally Posted by dunster

Yes, that's it! Thank you! Page 144 I'm not sure if it's Happy Chicken or Chicken on a stick but that's it. And Georgia talks about her trip. It seemed like the one she had on her arm on the show was slightly different in the wings, but the yellow legs were the same. But close enough. I'm putting it on my Amazon list. Thank you again!

The pincushion would be tiny but I would like that pattern also. Do you know where it is? The one I got at the Quilt Show was tiny and adorable, but also a triangle. The lady who made it wasn't there to ask her. I bought one and thought I could try to figure it out. The members blow me away with all the resources and how much everyone cares. Thank you and thank you all!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ByThePiece

I had my translater going, but it did not translate everything LOL
    I love poking around, even if it is just to look at pretty quilts, different techniques, etc... then I try and find them on another website that is in English :wink:

Wow! What a website. I don't speak German or whatever but it was fun poking around! I found some Slash and Wack that was so interesting, I wish I did understand German. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Yes, that's it! Thank you! Page 144 I'm not sure if it's Happy Chicken or Chicken on a stick but that's it. And Georgia talks about her trip. It seemed like the one she had on her arm on the show was slightly different in the wings, but the yellow legs were the same. But close enough. I'm putting it on my Amazon list. Thank you again!
    Woo Hoo!!!! Another success story :D:D:D You have to love this Board, there is always a member (s) that come through :D:D:D

Woo Hoo!!!! Another success story :D:D:D You have to love this Board, there is always a member (s) that come through :D:D:D
    You betcha! The book is $6.45 plus $3.99 shipping from Amazon. There is a chicken on the front and back covers but not nearly so cute as the ones on page 144 ! Dunster hit the nail on the head! Thanks to everyone for helping.

Blog Entries
    Thats a really cute chicken!! And the book is sure cheap enough! :D

thank you for this information. I have many of Georgia's books, but I dont think I have this one. I am on the hunt!!

There are a lot of free patterns here http://www.sewmamasew.com/ and I'm pretty sure I saw one for the chicken pincushions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast