Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where is your sewing machine >

Where is your sewing machine

Where is your sewing machine

Old 01-05-2023, 05:03 AM

We've recently moved. I had my sewing room in a daylight basement with 2 large windows. It was so nice and I really appreciated all the light. My new sewing room is in a large, open, finished basement with no windows. My amazing husband is building walls so that I can get all my machines, fabric, cutting table, pressing table - all of it to fit and be functional. I am so happy to have a space but this time around, my machine will be facing a wall. It's OK, I've got a dedicated space and when finished, it's going to be an amazing sewing room!!
Old 01-05-2023, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

My Bernina 440QE is in my quilting room against a wall with a window. With so much in that room, including the Innova on a 12' table, that's where it would fit, and I do like the location. But when I want to sew downstairs, I park my 301 (in its cabinet on wheels) in the middle of the family room in front of the TV. Other sewing machines are spread out all over the house but are seldom used.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:30 AM

My sewing machine is neither against the wall or in the middle of the room. Picture this if you can: The back of my chair is
positioned in a corner facing out and my sewing cabinet is caddy cornered, so the
leaves open up on both sides of the cabinet from one wall toward the other wall but
not quite reaching the other wall so I can slide into my chair. Now the corner space
between the 2 walls allows me room to roll my chair in and out and place my rolling
Ott light as well. I chose this arrangement so
I can see out the windows as I sew. Also, the room has much more space for when
I roll my cutting table to the middle of the room.

Last edited by copycat; 01-08-2023 at 03:32 AM.
Old 01-08-2023, 05:47 AM

Cindi I love your sewing table! Can I ask what kind that is or where you got it? I would love to upgrade mine.
Old 01-10-2023, 03:54 PM

My cabinet's right side is against the wall in my kitchen. The back of the sewing cabinet (furthest from me ) is against a side-board/credenza like piece of furniture. My power strip & USB chargers sit there, as well as my sewing lamp which has a clamp on it & sits on this side board. When FMQ I often use this clamp to hold up a part of the quilt. I have a tv behind me - which I often 'listen' to shows/movies while sewing.
In my future sewing room (when DS moves out) has a large window overlooking our driveway/back yard area. I plan to put my machine next to this window so I'll finally have a view while sewing. =)
My DREAM sewing room has a lots of windows with fabulous views of the mountains....maybe one day!
Donna Mc