Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Question for longarmers with Tin Lizzy

Question for longarmers with Tin Lizzy

What brand of thread do you feel works best with your machine? Is it cotton or poly? Also, have you used Elchel or Salus thread? Did you like it? Thanks
    Peace

I have a Pfaff P3 which is essentially a Tin Lizzy with a Pfaff label. I use Connecting Threads cotton and cotton/poly almost exclusively. It works well.
    A husband is the perfect confidant to tell your secrets to - he can't reveal them to anyone else because he wasn't really listening when you told him!

I have a friend with a Tin Lizzie, I know she uses prefilled bobbins and Superior Thread. Don' know wt. It looks nice as she has quilted 3 or 4 quilts for me.

Blog Entries
    I had a Viking branded Tin Lizzie. The thing I really liked about it was that it would take any thread. 40 wt, 50, 60 70, metallics, really anything! I just matched the needle size to the thread, used a 16 with the thinner weights. I also matched the bobbin thread to the top thread (except when using metallics). I got an additional bobbin case and set one for 40 weight, and used the other for thinner threads. This is how I set the tension:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1mRhcquZTM
    Although I used all different brands, I usually used Connecting threads Polyester Pro or their essential cotton.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

I have a Tin Lizzie Ansley 26 and use any type of thread with no trouble. I've had it 6 years and have tried most brands.
    https://quiltdasher.blogspot.com

I like to make lists. I also like to leave them laying on my sewing table and then guess what's on the list while at the fabric store. Fun game.

I have used King Tut in the past but the easiest thread I have ever used is Glide. It seldom breaks, has a sheen and works well with tension.