Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where is your workspace? >

Where is your workspace?

Where is your workspace?

Old 10-27-2010, 07:34 AM

I have a dedicated area at one end of the basement family room. But I am hoping to get a storage room converted one of these days to strictly a sewing studio.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:36 AM

We have an extra bedroom with just computer, my sewing machine, a card table, bookshelves for fabric, and a futon.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:58 AM

Have a spare bedroom, but it is so filled that I just have a path around my machine and cutting table, a small ironing station next to the machine. It is so full that I need to move something and I think it will be my machine. A quilting friend has volunteered to help me if I will just call her and say, "It's moving day!" Can't wait.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:59 AM

Have a spare bedroom, but it is so filled that I just have a path around my machine and cutting table, a small ironing station next to the machine. It is so full that I need to move something and I think it will be my machine. A quilting friend has volunteered to help me if I will just call her and say, "It's moving day!" Can't wait.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:39 AM

I have a guest bedroom that has a trundle bed, a small cutting/work table, my computer desk and my sewing machine table. It is pretty small, but the setup works well for me. I just have to swivel my chair to get from computer to machine to cutting table. Iron is on other side, but it is good to gt up once in awhile. When I have lots of cutting or squaring up to do, I do it on the dining room table.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:53 AM

I have a dedicated sewing room...but I have too much stuff for the space. I end up on the dining table when I need the room.. Husband is threatening to turn the garage into a room just for me. Whoo Hoo! Sounds good to me!
Old 10-27-2010, 11:17 AM

Nance - I'm a dining room sewer too!! It has great natural light from 2 large windows and I can see my pretty Rose of Sharon bush. Yes clutter is every where and I have to clean up when we have the family come for dinner every Sunday but I won't give up this space for the dark, windowless basement.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:44 AM

I am lucky in that I have a seperate room for my "studio" It is a very large room (24x18) in my downstairs. I guess when the former owners finished the downstairs( my house is a what used to be called a bi-level) I think now the real estate term is (split foyer) La Di Dah :) Anyway, Instead of making 3 or 4 small rooms they made one large "den" with a fireplace and one large bedroom and a decent size laundrey/powder room. So when we bought it I claimed that bedroom as my "library" I LOVE to read. Put in floor to ceiling bookcases on two walls and a day bed at one end, The other end has a big doublle closet. When I started quilting I fixed up a corner for that using one bookshelf for my quilting stuff. My stash is confined to 4 large plastic totes that fit under the daybed. (that way I can keep it under control) LOL I have a TV w/dvd and a good radio so I am set! It is a very pleasant place where I can be by myself. The kids are grown and on their own so it is just hubby and me and our 4 doggie babies but it is nice that we can each have our own space. (DH took pver the smallest bedroom for an office and has all his computer stuff in there)
Old 10-27-2010, 12:59 PM

Two bedrooms that have been vacated by our grown sons!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:36 PM

I am using my front bedroom for my sewing room