Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: whhhaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sniff sniff)

If you have the name, check with Mexico Sewing Center 573-581-2047 in Mexico, Mo. If she has it, you might be able to drive here to get it if you need it now.

It looks like you need to jump on it right away. A lot of places say they will not be getting any of it anymore. I would get enough to do the whole border and save what you have already used for another project. Good luck finding it. It is very pretty.
    Sue

Blog Entries
    Take the advise you show at the end of your topic.....I bet they can get on the computer and find it for you in no time at all. Tks. GG

gin
    have you tried hancock's of paducah --they have a wonderful selection of batiks

Thank you all for looking. I have called and searched all morning and can't find it anywhere. It looks like I am going to be SOL on this. Unless someone has it on their shelf. I might have one chance but not going to hold my breath because it is a long shot. at this point I would pay 15 a yard for it. just because I need it sooooooooo bad for my dd's quilt.
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.

QKO
    It's a Hoffman Bali batik from 2009. The product number is F2026-222 Hydrangea. We used to have it in stock but are out. Good luck finding it as it was very popular and sold out quickly.

We do have a couple of the companion prints in the exact same colors if there is some chance you can mix and match.
    Last edited by QKO; 05-04-2012 at 07:20 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    sewbatiks.com!

i ran into this same problem with a quilt for my mom. i got a blending fabric and did a 45 degree match 3/4 of the way down one side and toward the top on the opposite side. it turned out really nice. good luck.

Maybe try the fabric shops abroad. I've spoken to a few fabric shops in England where they've commented that they get people buying fabric from America, despite the vast increase in cost for them, as the British shops tend to be running a good year or so late on the fabrics, so it's useful when the fabric has run out in America. I've often seen the same fabric being held by a shop for years on end, especially if they have a low turnover. Be prepared to pay a lot more, however!

If you can't find it, do you need any help in working out how to get around the problem?

I think it is hoffman also, I know I have seen it. I was hopping I had some here but no such luck. good luck

i saw it recently at the quilt store in colorado springs, colorado. can't remember the name of the store but there are only 2 big ones in the Springs. it was the one on austin bluffs.

Beautiful fabric! If I may suggest...call one of the on line companies mentioned and ask them to look at the pic you posted. Might save a little time - GOOD LUCK!!

Try Batiksgalore.com - they carry all batiks and are really helpful. Good luck.
    Linda

Hancocks of Paducah? Or Seawatchfabrics.com?

Beautiful piece of fabric!! I love the colors. I sure hope that you can find it.
    Marie

You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    A smile is something you can't give away; it always comes back to you.

Sorry can not help but good luck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sahm4605 View Post
    here is the fabric
    try the first answer to your question .went on the site and they have some that is very close that maybe would go with what you have
    ..............pgmb

Try Google....... Benartex Fabrics, Hoffman, or Kent Avery they all have Batiks with a similar type of leafy design
    Syl
    Syl

Mist (F2026) Hoffman Bali Wild Flowers - Retired ...found this at Batiks Plus...
    Kitty

Blog Entries
    Try www.fabsearch.net - I got it from the FabShop website. I needed about a yard of a fabric for the border of a round robin quilt, and tried this site. They send out 1000 emails to quilt shops all over the country letting them know the fabric you're looking for, and the shop(s) that have it will email you with the amount of that fabric they have and the price. I was thrilled with the result - I got the fabric I needed (only 1 store had it!), and it was even on sale!
    C9P aka Jan

I am quite sure that I have a yard of this. I put it aside to use for a lining for a purse. Let me know if you want it.

I hope you find it!!I think is very pretty.

Batiks Plus has 40". Here is their #Call toll-free 800-756-1223 They are in St Louis...

Building on the some of the detective work above, I googled the information and this is what I came up with:

This is a Hoffman Batik. It's called Hoffman Bali Wild Flowers F2026
    I found some of it at Batiks Plus, but I wasn't sure about the colors. I think if you can find the correct color number, you just might get lucky googling that exact name. Good Luck!

(Great detective work above too, I might add!!!!) Isn't this an awesome place to ask for help???
    Karen in Kentucky

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast