Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: While Hubby is away,.,,,,,

Sounds like fun to me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ahhaha...have FUN....don't know why they think OUR world's revolve around THEM...hehehe silly old boys...

Sounds like a wonderful time for you to just be you!
    My DH travels often on business and he now has one rule i have to follow: He has decreed "While I am gone, Nothing can be adopted that eats, drinks or breathes" He's trying to cover all his bases after 28 years of being married to me and coming home to find a new pet in the family.
    So i am sure he won't mind a few quilting purchases!
    Have a wonderful time quilting late into the night!

Oh yeah! Enjoy!!! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Awww , don't you really want to go with him? I get more done when my DH is gone also.

When I was dating my husband he had to return to the UK every 90 days to renew his Visa. I dreaded it every time. He still goes back to the UK quite often because his kids live there - sometimes I go along, sometimes not. He also travels on business a few times a year.

In the beginning I dreaded his every absence.

Now I'm just the opposite. I'm not saying I "like" my husband being away - the difference is "me". I've learned to cope with it better. Instead of constantly thinking about him and what he's doing - I concentrate on keeping myself busy. We both enjoy the "vacations" from each other, but not as much as the "homecoming".

Enjoy your week of luxury! Being able to do what you want or don't want at your leisure is priceless!
    Plus, you'll appreciate him even more when he arrives home!

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a plan! Would be a great time to have some sewing/ quilting friends get-together!

Boy do I hear you!! Before my husband retired he was an international pilot and sometimes gone for 2 weeks at a time. Of course sometimes he was home for 2 weeks - but when "the cat was away" I would play. It's not that I liked him being gone but you have to make use of your time. Can't sit and twiddle your fingers the whole time. Now my husband does taxes from mid Jan to mid April and is gone a lot....play time!!!!

I get excited when my husband is going to be gone too. He understands and just laughs at me. He knows I love him and will (kinda) miss him. But that I enjoy my free hours for quilting and other fun "me" kind of stuff. Enjoy!!

have fun

Totally understand--alone time has its benefits. Enjoy!

Power Poster
    I agree, while you will miss them, you will also be able to quilt to your heart's content and not have to stop to fix dinner, unless you're the one getting hungry. It's always nice to have a little (or a lot) of me time. Enjoy and enjoy the quilt show for me as well.

When my husband and kids are gone for a night - usually scout related and that happens far and few between - I move around furniture! I know it's nuts but it seems that the last two or three times they were gone, I would pull everything - EVERYTHING - out of the craft room and rearrange.... I won't be doing that now as soon I'm going to begin packing it up, getting ready to move it all in a few months... but that's what I do.

I'll probably be going to the show on Saturday the 1st although I'm so tempted to go on the first day as well. Last time I went two out of three days.... this time I'll bring a camera so I can remember my favorites :D

Like you, I can quilt 'til I drop, eat when I want. Only difference is my husband can be away for a few weeks. Miss him dreadfully, but get through alot of quilting in that time!!!

Nothing wrong with Plan B!

U go girl: I know exactly what u mean. Time to just Enjoy each day with SELF. If we don't appreciate ourselves then how do we expect anyone else to enjoy our company. Time to sew and enjoy with friends. Happy Quilting Hours.

Enjoy the time at the quilt show and that late night quilting without having to stop until your ready.Love my DH but do enjoy some alone time now and then...

Enjoy! My sister and I always get excited when one or the other of our DH's travel. We can get together and quilt till we wilt.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble
    Sounds like a wonderful time for you to just be you!
    My DH travels often on business and he now has one rule i have to follow: He has decreed "While I am gone, Nothing can be adopted that eats, drinks or breathes" He's trying to cover all his bases after 28 years of being married to me and coming home to find a new pet in the family.
    So i am sure he won't mind a few quilting purchases!
    Have a wonderful time quilting late into the night!
    Oh No. Fabric breaths doesn't it. (I just feel that my fabric takes on a life of its own). Maybe you could tell your husband that you would just stab it with a needle. BrendaK

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
    When I was dating my husband he had to return to the UK every 90 days to renew his Visa. I dreaded it every time. He still goes back to the UK quite often because his kids live there - sometimes I go along, sometimes not. He also travels on business a few times a year.

In the beginning I dreaded his every absence.

Now I'm just the opposite. I'm not saying I "like" my husband being away - the difference is "me". I've learned to cope with it better. Instead of constantly thinking about him and what he's doing - I concentrate on keeping myself busy. We both enjoy the "vacations" from each other, but not as much as the "homecoming".
    Homecoming is a GOOD thing. BrendaK

Blog Entries
    Have a great time!

Sounds like a plan to me!

i think that it is about what you might bring home from the quilt show and not being home alone. hehe.

Blog Entries
    That's how I am when my DH goes to pastors' retreat. This year, it won't happen because I'll be puppy sitting our five grand-dogs and I can't use that many helpers, only the one that lives here full time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast