Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: While Hubby is away,.,,,,,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bamamama
    Its just that when he's gone I can quilt as late as I want, I don't have to stop and make dinner until I get hungry and at the quilt show I can buy what ever I want to buy!!!!.

I do that when DH is home or away. :) Honestly the only difference I notice when DH is away is that I miss him. He says the same thing when I'm away.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie68
    My DH is leaving for Prague, the Ukraine and Russia on business next week and he's concerned about leaving me alone, but not to worry, there is a big quilt show here next weekend. I somehow think I'll be able to occupy myself. Can't Wait!!!

Sounds like I'm glad to see him go, but I'm not really, I will miss him. Its just that when he's gone I can quilt as late as I want, I don't have to stop and make dinner until I get hungry and at the quilt show I can buy what ever I want to buy!!!!.
    Aaaahhh, there's nothing like when the hubbies are away. That extra time to ourselves to do as we please is priceless!
    Always nice to have them back home again too.
    :)
    And that's the true! :-)

My husband has been gone a full week on storm restoration here on Long Island since Hurricane Irene. He works for the power company. Sure I miss him, but I'm doing okay - me and my Featherweight!!

I hope you're able to get lots done! Have fun.

Have a good time. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    ENJOY!

tmg
    I think I will need to make plans to go myself. I'll just need to leave hubby home.

since DH retired from the National Guard. 31 yrs. I miss camp. 2 weeks every year. so I know how you feel. Love him, but some down time is good for both of you.

Yea! I love when hubby is away! He is leaving for a family wedding on Wed. and I just happen to have the next 4 days off. It's a wonderful feeling isn't it? Do you have any quilting friends? What about a sleepover?

I love playtime. Enjoy yourself.

Blog Entries
    Just make a big pot of homemade soup, and heat a bowl when you need it. I do this when DH is out of town too! :D

Kas
    My ex-fiancee lives in Madison. He travels quite a bit to far off places, too. Does your DH work out on the Arsenal? That is where Marty works and where my dad workded. I remember when it took half an hour to get out there. Now it takes about 10 mins from my mom's house. So weird. It is also so weird to connect with people halfway across the country who live in my old stompin grounds! I remember when the VBCC was built! My grandfather and uncle's company did the lighting.

Have a great time. Sounds like a lot of fun

...when he's gone I can quilt as late as I want, I don't have to stop and make dinner until I get hungry and at the quilt show I can buy what ever I want to buy!!!!.
    LOL!!! I know just what you mean. I told my husband yesterday that I needed to go to the quilt store at some point, and he said something about driving me there. I said, "Oh no, I want to go without you." I didn't want to worry about him waiting for me out in the car, getting bored while I looked at fabric. I told him I'd go while he watched football. That way, we'd both be happy.

Blog Entries
    When life gives you lemonade, drink it!
    Quote Originally Posted by emmamarie
    when life gives you lemons,make lemon- aid!!!!

We have a quilt show on September 15, 16 and 17 in San Mateo, CA. I can't wait. I love going to them. I hope everyone got the free tickets. If not let me know and I will photo copy mine and send it to you. It says we can use photo copys. Send me a private message. Be sure to leave me your name and address.

Enjoy doing whatever you want, whatever time you want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by emmamarie
    when life gives you lemons,make lemon- aid!!!!
    or a Lemondrop Martini!

My husband travels a lot and while we all miss him I find that the house is kept cleaner and I get a lot more done than when he's here.

I know what you mean. You love him, but he does cut into your quilting time. I have the same problem. When he is home, I don't get any quilting done. He just gets this sad look when I say I am going to my room that I end up hanging around in the living room. Even if it is just to watch him watch the Mets.
    Don;t get me wrong, I am semi retired and he is still working FT so I do get days to myself, but I now don't like holidays because it messes up my routine.
    I guess I am getting old and cranky

I know how you feel. Mine is going elk hunting for 10 days or so. Time to get to some projects and just do what I want to do - when I want to do it!

Mine just got back from a week of fishing. Came back early ---- Unfortunately I was sick most of that week! I had looked SO forward to getting things done. I understand where you're coming from!

Akron, Ohio - Atlanta, GA - Mannheim Germany
    Ha! I hope you have a blast! The last time my hubby deployed I learned to quilt. This time around my goal is to finish all of the charity quilt tops I have, take a few classes and meet some of my new quilting friends from this board. Although I am dreaming of all the quilting I am going to do while he is gone I still dread the time apart.

There is a show in Madison, WI starting Sept 8 through the 11th. My BFF and I are going on the 9th! YIPPEE

Well enjoy anyway at least you can quilt all you want. Too bad the dates were wrong isn't that always the way. Sue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3