Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
While at my sewing group today.... >

While at my sewing group today....

While at my sewing group today....

Old 03-09-2011, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by nellebelles
Originally Posted by Airwick156
"I thought you were talking about some type of new berry and I was game to try them.
Well, there is such a thing as a thimbleberry! They grow in the mountains around here--they are pretty sour, but with enough sugar make a pretty good jam! :-D
They make delicious jam!! We have a lot of them in northern Minnesota and northern Michigan. I pick them every year. :)
Old 03-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

What do Riddle and Thimbleberries have in common? Is it a factory? A fabric shop? A berry patch? I did a search, - came up with a place called Thistleberries that makes dolls and ornaments, but couldn't link Thimbleberries fabrics and Riddle.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:21 AM

put a note with the mapquest on the dashboard!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by deanneellen
Hello Deanna, Our name is unusual so it caught my attention right away. Let me know about the quilt store because I love visiting different ones in Oregon
Hi Deanne nice to meet you. Yes our name is very unusual although, I have seen it alot in recent years. I was very very lucky to go and visit this shop TODAY!!! OMG I had such a wonderful time and so did my husband. He picked out 2 fabrics for me to make him 2 shirts. One has fish on it and one has fishing lures on it. Anyways I got me 3 different fabrics but only 1 yard each today in browns.
It was VERY VERY easy to find.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by dunster
What do Riddle and Thimbleberries have in common? Is it a factory? A fabric shop? A berry patch? I did a search, - came up with a place called Thistleberries that makes dolls and ornaments, but couldn't link Thimbleberries fabrics and Riddle.
Hi Dunster. I also had done a search and came up with Thistleberries and yes you found the right place. I didnt see any fabric on the website she has and so I jotted down the phone number and called her this morning. And asked her if she has fabric and she said yes...so I asked her if she had batiks...and she said "yes I do, about 150 bolts of it" WOW is all I could say. So I got directions on how to get to her shop.
My husband had been taking a nap in his recliner and when he woke up I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride so I can check out this new quilt shop and I was shocked that he said yes. So man, I jumped in the van as fast as my legs would go before he changed his mind.
We get there...it is literally a little hole in the wall place but she has TONS OF fabric and a long arm machine. I asked her if I could take pictures so that I could post them here so people could see and sure enough, my camera on my phone was full and I couldnt figure out how to clear it out so I didnt get any pictures. But I did tell her about this site and gave her the url. I also asked if she had another webpage for the shop and she said no she didn't. She had paid someone $2500 to do a webpage for her and they up and left with the money and didnt do the website to add the fabric and she hasnt wanted to do it again as she is afraid of getting stiffed again. Anyways, I did get a business card and I bought 3 fabrics and a quilt book called Tradition with a twist that was marked 40% off plus my husband picked out 2 fabrics for me to make him 2 shirts. So hopefully one day she will do the website.