Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who sews with Baby Lock? I am looking at the BL esante >

Who sews with Baby Lock? I am looking at the BL esante

Who sews with Baby Lock? I am looking at the BL esante

Old 07-22-2013, 08:10 PM

The problem I see with the Esante is the limited technology. From what ive been told by a couple of owners is the cards are becoming dinosaurs and very $ if you find them. I have a friend who got one a couple of weeks ago and is already frustrated with it. I really like being able to use flash drives. I go to classes once a week and just throw my flash drives in my bag and go. No cables or computer necessary for class. With Esante you have to be tied to a computer in order to get designs into the machine. Not too bad if you always have your sewing machine next to the computer or a laptop. Look at the Ellageo. More current. Im sure the Esante sews wonderfully but...
I love my Ellageo
Old 08-24-2013, 03:05 AM

I have a symphony, for years I have only sewn with baby lock, this is my 3 rd sewing machine. I have had this machine now for over 2 years, it is quiet, consistent, great pivoting action, the keys are easily accessible and a wide throat makes it ideal for quilting...yes I will be a baby lock enthusiast for years to come...
Old 08-24-2013, 05:01 AM

Have an ellure plus.....it is ok.....also have an older Viking which in my opinion is much sturdier than the BL......on this one I absolutely hate the cut thread option.....causes the needle to unthread at next sew......so, I don't use it.....before I bought this one I had bought a Brother from Walmart, took it back, should have kept it......this all plastic thing is just the same as it........I have not taken the embroidery classes yet.......still use my old Viking most of the time.......JMHO
Old 08-24-2013, 05:54 AM

Babylock owns Amazing Designs. They still make transfer cards for the Amazing Box. I have CardWorks which is no longer made. For the machines tha use floppies and CDs, you can buy standalone readers.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Have an ellure plus.....it is ok.....also have an older Viking which in my opinion is much sturdier than the BL......on this one I absolutely hate the cut thread option.....causes the needle to unthread at next sew......so, I don't use it.....before I bought this one I had bought a Brother from Walmart, took it back, should have kept it......this all plastic thing is just the same as it........I have not taken the embroidery classes yet.......still use my old Viking most of the time.......JMHO
If your needle is unthreading when you use the thread cutter, it may be the thread you are using. I have a BL Serenade, which does the same thing with Star thread or Coats and Clarks thread which is on the same type of spool---short and fat with a thick cardboard core. The thread cutter works fine with other threads, like Guttermann, etc.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:28 PM

Oh yes, the esante is a great machine. It's a work horse. I had one for 5 years. I upgraded to a commercial machine or I would still have it.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:23 PM

I have 3 baby locks... Baby lock quilter quest, baby lock decorator choice and my all time favorite my baby lock Ellisimo. I have had her over 3 years use it all the time, I do a lot of tote bags, uploaded the picture, not sure what the put them under. I have had other machines that didn't hold up as well and had to replace them with these. I had a singer, elna, and 3 or 4 brothers. If you want to PM me your Email will send you some pictures of my embroidery. Ellisimo is very user friendly I had about 10 mins of instruction other than that if I have a problem I just call the machine shop, some of the other embroidery machines need a lot of adjust as you go. Before buying any machine go to a dealer and test them all. See what you like, the high end embroidery machines are pretty pricy.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:21 PM

Yes, it is almost like buying a car, but some of the other embroidery machines are higher price and they are very fuzzy machines. I have had my Ellisimo for over 3 years have had no problems, I keep my machine clean and change the needles often. I do take it in for service about once a year. The only problem I had was sometimes , it doesn't like some of the threads, also I had to have them reload the software, since then no problems at all. If you have a problem always take it to your dealer. It is still my all time favorite machine and I would never sell it.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:52 PM

I have the Esante BLN, too, and I really like it. I use it for quilting, sewing and embroidery, and I find it very easy to use.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:32 PM

I have the Esante Ese2. It is an embroidery machine, on a scale from one to ten it is about a 9. Some designs turn out great and others will pass. It has always been noisier than the Viking. It will not let you do free motion on it. I can put it on zig zag and take it down to zero and I can do free motion, go figure. I have a Juki for the free motion. I do most of my straight stitching on the Juki. I love the way it will speed through a seam and stop on a dime !!! I'm thinking of getting another Juki that has all the bells and whistles, but my little old Kenmore still runs great and has lots of built in designs.