Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who is shopping for fabric this Memorial Day Weekend? >

Who is shopping for fabric this Memorial Day Weekend?

Who is shopping for fabric this Memorial Day Weekend?

Old 05-27-2010, 08:51 PM

Not me :(

But I did get a new washer and dryer today. It's being delivered tomorrow.

My old washer decided to leave little puddles on the floor and an oil slick underneath. The dryer is fine, but couldn't pass up the deal one the new set.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:34 PM

Went to Joanns today. got warm and natural batting 60% off and some notions. This afternoon I just "happened" to go to our local fabric store. I bought about 4 yards for 3.60 a
yard. I must quit going by the fabric store. They have new yardages often and I can't resist.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:43 PM

I have ordered fabric from Connecting Threads and it was really nice fabric and they have very reasonable prices as well.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:13 PM

I've already been to Joann's and got another $250 worth of patriotic fabrics!

Since I will be dog-sitting all weekend, I decided to pass the time making quilts for CitizenSAM. See http://citizensam.org. It seemed to be an appropriate way to spend Memorial Day Weekend.

You know where to find me.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:27 PM

Yes, I'm buying several totes of fabric from a woman who can no longer sew due to medical issues and she has cleaned out her stash. This will take place on Monday. I'm very much looking forward to getting all the fabric, going through it, and imagining the possibilities.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Google Goddess

awesome, you will have fun with all of your new fabric!
Old 05-28-2010, 05:34 PM

I had a friend stop at my LQS and buy me 2 yards of a fabric I used in a recent quilt that dd#3 really liked as well as 2- 1/2 yd pieces of something I could used as the focus fabric for a baby quilt I want to give to my Physical therapist who just had a baby girl (after 2 boys) (I'll be going to him in a week or so to work on the knee this time.) She also picked up 2 large cans of 505 spray, all at 30%off. It's a good thing she knows what my tastes are. She came by, helped me pick out the rest of the fabrics to go with the baby quilt and helped with the final decision on fabrics for yet another wedding gift.

I would have love to have gone with her but not able to get out yet.
Do I have great friends or what???? Oh by the way, she cooked and delivered our dinner last night too, with enough to have the leftovers tonight (Home made beef enchiladas) I am so blessed!!!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Google Goddess

that is great that you have a great friend to help you out!

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I had a friend stop at my LQS and buy me 2 yards of a fabric I used in a recent quilt that dd#3 really liked as well as 2- 1/2 yd pieces of something I could used as the focus fabric for a baby quilt I want to give to my Physical therapist who just had a baby girl (after 2 boys) (I'll be going to him in a week or so to work on the knee this time.) She also picked up 2 large cans of 505 spray, all at 30%off. It's a good thing she knows what my tastes are. She came by, helped me pick out the rest of the fabrics to go with the baby quilt and helped with the final decision on fabrics for yet another wedding gift.

I would have love to have gone with her but not able to get out yet.
Do I have great friends or what???? Oh by the way, she cooked and delivered our dinner last night too, with enough to have the leftovers tonight (Home made beef enchiladas) I am so blessed!!!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Lynn Luker
I have a question for those of you who shop on line. I have been afraid of it...I like to feel the fabrics and hold them up together to see what goes with what. I admit, I'm not very proficient in choosing fabric yet. But when I see pictures in some of the ads that come (Connecting Threads) And hear about the great prices, I am tempted. How do you choose? Should I buy several pieces from one line that are made to go together, start with a kit...or...? (sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this question, I don't know how to start a topic!)If this needs to be moved somewhere else, please do so, or tell me how. You all have been so great to get ideas from, THANKS!

You can start a new topic by going to Home, click on whatever area you want to post in, ie: pictures. Than click on new topic at the top left.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:42 AM

Joannes at some point this weekend. Have 2 quilts that need more fabric. YIPPEE !!!!