Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who takes classes at Craftsy? >

Who takes classes at Craftsy?

Who takes classes at Craftsy?

Old 02-16-2013, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Maggiem View Post
IOn the whole, I think I prefer Quilt University's classes, but it really is a question of personal taste. I love Leah Day, but prefer to go to her website directly!
I have taken some quilt university classes as well and did not like those as well and the price is much higher and after the class is over with you no longer have access to the materials like you do at Crasfty.

I like Craftsy for many reasons and also the fact that when they update something in a class they let you know so you can go and review it.

I have never had any problems with any of their classes.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by janetter View Post
I whole heartedly agree. I am sick of it EVERYWHERE I go on the internet as tho I were being stalked!!!!
Right now every ad I see, including on this site, is for jewelry. That's because I was on Tiffany's site yesterday buying gifts.

If you go to Craftsy, or perform a search for anything and Craftsy is in the search results, you're going to see Craftsy ads. It's not Craftsy, it's Google. If anyone is stalking you, it's Google.

Sorry, it just really bothers me to see a good site with great services blamed for something completely unrelated to them.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:30 PM

I just signed up to learn how to do the free motion feather motifs! I did the free BOM last year and will be giving it to my granddaughter for her birthday in May.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Maggiem View Post
I have pretty mixed feelings about Craftsy quilting classes. Of the 4 classes I have signed up for, I asked for a refund on one, because it was mislabeled as being for everyone and in fact was really only for long-arm quilters, and stopped listening to a second, because it was a frequent advertisement for the teacher's specialty rulers...

So that is about a 50% success rate.

On the whole, I think I prefer Quilt University's classes, but it really is a question of personal taste. I love Leah Day, but prefer to go to her website directly!
I love their classes but did not know they had one geared for long arms....would it be proper for you to pm me with the name?
Old 02-16-2013, 09:53 PM

I have taken the BOM both were free. Sometimes it gets real jumpy and then I lose interest. Several people have made this comment. Don't know if it's the computer or what.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:13 PM

I bought one today because of the sale great price, but I didn't see any that were free other than the BOM. Which ones were they Plumtree if I may ask & if you remember, Thanks.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:32 PM

In my case, I did snatch up some that were only $10, but started the first class, it is how to use pre-cuts. I didn't see any indication that it was before I signed up. Yes, I know I can cut my own precuts but I wanted my money back anyway for both of them and I felt like scum asking for it. In another class, a lot of people were mad because they thought they had to buy the instructor's book and pattern and that was not stated until you started the class.
And $20 might not be much to you, but it's a lot to me. I can barely afford this habit I have anyway lol!

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I think if the class instructs how to do what the class is for then why would you want your money back? I could see if the class wasn't what the description said had wrong or bad information. But to expect a refund because I decided I didn't like learning it after all is not something I would do. The cost of the class is too inexpensive for that. I'm going to a workshop Saturday about an hour away and it's costing $65.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by margie77072 View Post
I am taking the one on machine quilting on a DSM. I've also taken some of the free ones. I just recently got the strip piecing one. I like them because the cover the majority of the subject, if I have a question I can get an answer. My most favorite thing is, there is no deadline to follow. I can watch when I want and when my interest is down, I can stop until I want to work on this technique again.
I just signed up for that class.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:39 PM

I have taken several Craftsy classes. It is a great platform. I love being able to take classes in my jammies. lol I also love the fact that I don't have to lug my machine to class. lol I just signed up for a long arm quilting class so I can be ready when my new machine is delivered.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I bought one today because of the sale great price, but I didn't see any that were free other than the BOM. Which ones were they Plumtree if I may ask & if you remember, Thanks.
I'm enrolled in a short mini class for a drawstring bag & then another one that same instructor has. I've watched most of both of them and even though I'm an somewhat of an experienced bag maker I learned a couple tricks.
Oh, an another I really enjoyed & have watched & want to watch again is Creative Backs. That young lady has some great ideas & I plan on using a few