Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who'll Make It 24?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston1954
    Oh, yes Shannon you can join. There is no limit as to how many people can be in on this.

Quilting Aggi, Let's see.......I believe I have seen you say yes about 3 times now. I wonder if we should have you do three of them... :lol:

Yes bebe, we are sending pictures of the finished quilts, at least I plan to. I am looking forward to all the pictures.

Welcome to all of you who have made this commitment. It makes me feel good to know that something I had started last year will be finished by Dec. 31. I did have some that were older than that, but this seemed the most logical choice for me to get done the time set before us.

Anne
    hee hee I'm guess I'm just a weee bit anxious!!!!! I have two quilts I will be working hard to finish (well at least the quilt tops for sure...)

GMA
    finish one project? like others, I have multiple UFOs to finish b4 Christmas - cuz - they're PRESENTS. one queen, one full, one king one full and one throw. the queen, king and full tops are done. the throw material is bought, the full is mostly quilted - oh never mind --- lots of work to do!

I will join in too. I have a wall hanging that has been hanging in the closet for several years now!!

It is NOT too late, for anyone. There is no set time to start. Only a deadline to be finished. If you have a project that you feel you can get done be New Year's, GO FOR IT.

Welcome to ALL who are interested.

Anne

I accepted the challenge too, but I have been so busy working on mine that I didn't send a message. My UFO is the Quilt Diva project I started last year. I need to complete the hand quilting (about 2/3 done ) and then put the binding on. Doesn't seem like so much to do, so why is it taking me so long to finish?? I think it is because I lacked a deadline. Count me in.
    Linda

I need to finish a denim quilt for a guy at work, so I better get cracking. Will you be keeping tabs on us to help prod us along? It may help!!!! :oops:

Glad to have you aboard. We are now 43. Anyone finishing theirs early is invited to do another. wink.

Mine will be delayed, as I had an accident this morning. Go to the main section to "No quilting for at least a week".

Anne

I'll join you! I'm trying (very hard) to get back to quilting. Very busy at work, canning and the garden are almost done- Penn State football is on- I can sew and listen to the game! I have the "butt ugly" quilt to finish and my niece's quilt top to sandwich and quilt.

I did make of list of quilts I have promised- not too bad- only 4. I did add a new one today after hitting the quilt shop this afternoon for batting to finish the 2 UFOs. And I said- no- to someone wanting one (she'll pay for the fabric if I make it). I said no! I never say no! But I felt better after. She knows how to sew and I told her to go online and research how to make a quilt. I know it's cruel but if she brought the stuff here, she would watch me make it and talk the whole time. Had to do some tough love- me, not her- I hate to say no.

Barb

Barb,

I hear you! My sister quilts, and she is always after me to make her another. I have given her about 5 tops, and 2 completed quilts. I think that is enough.

Anne

hows everyone doing :D

Weeeeeeeelllllll, I got my UFO project out of the back of the closet!!!!!
    Here's a pic of it.

UFO wallhanging
    Name:  Attachment-18864.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  48.8 KB

Wow that's pretty!

Blog Entries
    I'm sure you are counting me in also..I've been working on my UFO and IRR center stuff, so I think I posted pics of 2 UFO's that I'm throwing into this on a different thread. Good luck everyone!!

That's cute. Will there be birds and stuff in the air?

Thanks, there will be a large tree towards the left, branching out to the right, with random cut leaves, tacked down. At least that is the plan anyway!
    But I will finish the borders on my bow tie quilt before I do anything with the wall hanging.

Oh, my goodness!! You are not going to believe this! That is the same plan I have for one of MY wall hangings. I call this "Sunrise Near Lake Lieber". Isn't it wild we both are doing the SAME thing??
    Attached Images Attached Images

wow.. both your landscapes are beeeeautiful!!!!

I finished one of my quilt challenges, well the quilt top part of it, I still hope to quilt it before the end of the year... Check out the link!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/11738.page

Count me in too!!!

Count me in too! I've got Grandma's Flower Garden to finish before Christmas for my mom. I still have the 1/2 square triangles and borders to get finished before I can even begin quilting the sucker. And its got a lot of quilting to do on it -- plus it's queen-sized. YUCK!!

Boston! What a kick! That is amazing! I love the colors in yours, it has a certain intensity to it! Well now we should both be motivated to finish, so we can see how each other's has turned out!!!

Yes, as soon as I finish the UFO for the challenge I will attempt this one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2