Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who's Up For Another UFO Challenge? >

Who's Up For Another UFO Challenge?

Who's Up For Another UFO Challenge?

Old 09-03-2009, 03:37 PM

Okay...I did this last year and it did good to get'm done!:)LOL I will try again:)In fact....I will put a picket sign at my chair and before my quilt room door that says 'Sorry, mom is closed due to vacation'...:)LOL
Old 09-03-2009, 03:47 PM

Oh yeah count me in on this UFO idea. I have lost count of all the UFO projects I have stuffed in containers, but I have a fall quilt I would love to get finished even if it's Christmas when it gets done. I hope to get another full size (maybe queen size) quilt I made when I first came to Rockford and the quilt shop had a $5.oo quilt class. I call it my Cathy quilt cause I met my good quilt friend Cathy there.

Nice to know there are others out there with older projects than I have!

Odessa keep on quilting you can do it!! Let us know your progress!
Old 09-03-2009, 04:42 PM

that sounds like a great idea, i too have many ufos :D :D :D
Old 09-03-2009, 07:30 PM

:? :roll: OK,I'm in, Never knew what they were, did 1 quilt at a time Then I got my Long Arm and Then I joined a Quilt Guild OOOOO Myyyy G!!!! Busy Bee and Noooo, Way can I do Everything. :twisted: :evil: :roll:
Old 09-05-2009, 07:12 AM
Power Poster

Well, this is wonderful!! By my count there are now 28 of us joining in so far this year. Just think of all the quilts that will be done between now and December 31st. Puts a smile on my face for sure!
Old 09-05-2009, 07:12 PM

So are we going to post pictures here to show what we've accomplished?
Old 09-05-2009, 10:27 PM

Okay, I think I really need this. I have a huge, bigger than queen size quilt that I decided I wanted to hand quilt for some reason. It is all Freddie's houses. I am going to have to go look and see what year it was started. There are 35 houses in it, the top is all put together and I believe I have 8 of the houses quilted. The blocks are from my class that I teach at our community college. I picked that particular block that year and asked if anyone would make me one, I ended up with the 35. The houses are so cute, some have window curtains, one is a barn, another one a church. Some have kittens in the windows, or dogs or birds. They ask me if it is done yet, but no, it's not. Maybe if I join you I can finally get it done. I need to sit in the evening and work on it. I looked at it and it is from 2000, so it is 9 yrs old now. Holy moly, I do indeed need to finish it up. :roll:
Old 09-06-2009, 06:27 AM

I'd join in this, I have atleast 5 UFO's! I really want to get back to quilting, I haven't done much since my lil one ended up in the hospital. well except for the lap quilt I made her :) And I am running out of room for all the half done projects :)
Old 09-06-2009, 08:09 AM

Yeap, I could use some push on getting some UFO's finished. I actually started back on some of my UFO's yesterday. Cooler weather helps.
I almost bought some MORE fabric the other day and was proud of myself for not buying and telling myself I have enough to get done and started at this point. After each UFO is finished then I can think about buying more fabric. So you can count me in on the UFO finish fun. :D :lol: :wink:
Old 09-06-2009, 08:27 AM

Wow I don't feel so bad---I have 2 Quilts to finish quilting,I to sandwich and quilt,I have to put binding on to one---which is quilt as you go do quilting is done, so really I am not that bad---other UFO's are some cross stitch,jacket for this little fella in photo,and maybe some cardigans for him for winter.

:wink:

Ps I went to a quilt show yesterday and bough Xmas material-----!!!!