Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who's Up For Another UFO Challenge? >

Who's Up For Another UFO Challenge?

Who's Up For Another UFO Challenge?

Old 09-06-2009, 09:51 AM

If it's not too late to join in... I REALLY need some encouragement on one particular quilt that I started 4 years ago for DH. I call it "Happy Trails", but for many reasons it has become "Unhappy TRIALS". :cry: The top is done, I had it all pin basted (1st time pin basting something this large, 60 x 75, and even managed to sew several SITD rows that ALL need to be ripped out. I just wanted to 'git er done', and made too many mistakes.

So, I'll start by ripping out the bad rows of stitching, then I'm going to proceed with spray basting, and to a new backing. The old one was pieced in such a way as it was way too difficult for me to line up with the front. I just purchased a piece of wide backing yesterday, so that should be much easier to work with.

Of course I have several other UFO's, but this one is critical to finish. I'm only going to list them one at a time, so I don't become overwhelmed. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about everyone's progress. We can do this, right?! :wink:
Old 09-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Power Poster

There is no deadline on joining this challenge. All are welcome and the more the merrier.

I just counted my UFO's (Well sort of) and there are 17. I will attempt to complete a few between now and the end of the year. There are some that I did not count because, to tell the truth, I have truly lost interest. That is why I think a challenge helps me. If I can get SOME of them finished, maybe I will be more likely to get back to those as well.

By the way, we are now 33 in number. I am so HAPPY that you are all joining me.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:13 AM

What a little cutie in the photo.
Did you make what he is wearing? Your full of talent.
I'm jealous you went to a quilt show. And bought Christmas fabric.
I actaully bought a kit a couple weeks ago called Winter Welcome by
Moda with a snowman and birdies. Cute stuff. I'm hoping to get a few
UFO's finished this week so I can start on that. I better get moving on it
so I can have it done for THIS Christmas.
Have fun stitchin. :D
Kim
Old 09-08-2009, 11:18 AM

Ok, I'm in . 1. Finish Grandson #3s train quilt, 2. finish taking apart my eight point star quilt, put the batting in and reposition the backing and quilt it all over again.
If I can get those 2 done I will be way ahead of myself for once.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:13 PM

Anne, forgot to mention about the UFO's. I forgot to count how many I have so I'll get back with you on that when I figure that out. That could take awhile. :shock: Ha. I'm glad so many are joining in on that.
Be glad to see finished project pictures. Wooops did I say that? I guess that means I'll have to take pictures of mine to huh? I better get busy.
Have a wonderful day everyone
Kim
Old 09-08-2009, 03:47 PM

I am in! I lost my mind and decided to do lap quilts for all my siblings (5), my Mom, one for my son and one for my daughter-in- law for Christmas. Four tops are done, two are cut out, one is waiting to be cut and one I have no idea what I am doing. My DH has been helping to pick out fabrics and is a great at nagging me to get em done. So, with your encouragement I can do it!
Old 09-08-2009, 03:56 PM

Count me in! I have a baby quilt to finish quilting this week. In the meantime I have been making items for a church bazaar to be held in November. I still have a lot to sew.......totes, clothesline bowls, notepad holders, pincushions, pillows, etc. Only one other lady sews besides me.

After the bazaar maybe I can get my UFOs finished......I need the challenge of a time limit.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:10 PM

I am in!!!!! I have the following and would love to get all or part of them done.....
1) Quilt as you go Log cabin, got blocks done and quited and just need to srip stitch them together (been working on it 5 yrs)
2) Hanky Panky Quilt that I hand stitched apx 100 hankies on blocks over lapping each other with tons of laces, doilies, ribbons, buttons, beads, etc (been working on it 2 yrs)
3) Fall quilt I designed and sewed up last year that I have been hand quilting on for almost a year now
4) Valor memory quilt for my youngest daughter who is a Navy Vet with medical disability (apx 6 months old now)
5) Two lap quilts that tops are done but that is all

and numerous more I can think of that I have patterns, fabrics, etc all ready but still not started.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:02 PM

Finished the baby quilt, made 22 pillows but still need to hand sew the ends together where they were stuffed, sewed an extra large oblong clothesline bowl, crocheted part of a square for a bedspread...........also caught up on housework and laundry.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:45 AM

I may only get 1 done this year the way this 'one' is going!!LOL But, I'm almost half way! I'm on it!LOL Maybe I can leave a phone message on my machine when the phone rings....'sorry, I can't answer the phone, I am dealing directly and today w/my UFO, and I am going to win this game!'....you think I'd get a message left?:)LOL Skeat