Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
? why does my quilt look perforated? >

? why does my quilt look perforated?

? why does my quilt look perforated?

Old 05-05-2014, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by callie8799 View Post
I'm getting ready to bind my quilt- that I sent out to a long arm quilter to quilt, and I just held it up and saw light come through. Why? what can I ask for/say the next time? It's not noticeable on this quilt, unless you hold it up in front of a light and look at it, and this is just for me, so I'm not going to get upset about it. But I want to know what to say or ask for next time.

This happened to a quilt I gave to another long arm quilter, and the perforation look was really noticeable and she didn't say anything. so I no longer use her and went to someone else for my next quilt. no perforated look with my last one- but this one, yes.

thanks so much!
Deb
She probably had to take out stitching.She could have left it.And you wouldn't have been pleased.No one does perfect work.Lighten up!
Old 05-05-2014, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
ManiacQuilter, don't be afraid to have it basted---longarmers baste for quilters all the time. Any holes will disappear once the quilt is washed.
Totally agree--besides, your safety pins will create holes the same way. With your long armer, maybe ask for a thinner thread, not a cotton or variegated, that would use a smaller needle. But a quick spray of water and allowing to dry will likely close them up.