Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 41 of 41

Thread: Why, oh why, did I wait

  1. #26
    Super Member sewmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Midland, Michigan
    Posts
    1,947
    When my kids were young, I always made them PJs for Christmas, sometimes with matching jammies for their Cabbage Patch dolls. Well one year, I had the fabric but didn't get them made. So i wrapped them up and put a little poem in each box. They had their PJs to open and I didn't have to stay up all night to sew them. Then the next couple of days I sewed them up and all was good. Relax, your Mom will understand.

  2. #27
    Super Member donnalynett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by SC
    Why, oh why, did I wait til now to make this set of placemats??? They are supposed to be a Christmas gift for my mom. I kept telling myself "oh I'll have plenty of time to get them done." Well, time is running out & I still haven't even started them!
    I asked my Mom to make me a black velvet blazer for Christmas one year. I was sure surprised when I opened my package and there was the fabric, all cut out and ready to sew! She ran out of time and finished it after Christmas.

  3. #28
    Junior Member Cathleen Colson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Monterey Bay, California
    Posts
    138
    I decided to design Lego quilts for all the boy cousins (7) for Christmas, and some other design for the girls (5). Well, 2 of the boy quilts are done. I will finish 2 more and mail them out on Monday. The kids will get them after Christmas, but when they are not overwhelmed with other gifts. The other 3 boys will get theirs in another week. The girls will get a chance to decide what theme/colors they want for their quilts and will get them by the end of January - relaxed me, content kids!

  4. #29
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,502
    been there and done that every year

  5. #30
    Super Member GailG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,764
    Quote Originally Posted by donnalynett
    Quote Originally Posted by SC
    Why, oh why, did I wait til now to make this set of placemats??? They are supposed to be a Christmas gift for my mom. I kept telling myself "oh I'll have plenty of time to get them done." Well, time is running out & I still haven't even started them!
    I asked my Mom to make me a black velvet blazer for Christmas one year. I was sure surprised when I opened my package and there was the fabric, all cut out and ready to sew! She ran out of time and finished it after Christmas.
    That would be a good idea for the quilt. She could see it in it's "early stage."

  6. #31
    Senior Member HisPatchwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    992
    Blog Entries
    1
    I do the same thing! :oops:

  7. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,236
    Blog Entries
    2
    Always think "Christmas in July" ladies!! LOL!!

  8. #33
    Super Member Sweeterthanwine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Stagecoach, NV
    Posts
    1,585
    The one I am working on for my son for Christmas didn't get finished. What I did was take a picture of it and put it in his Christmas present and said he will get it early part of next year.

  9. #34
    Senior Member Gabrielle's Mimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sunny AZ
    Posts
    576
    Blog Entries
    1
    If it makes you feel any better, Mary and Joseph weren't ready for the first Christmas either!!!!

  10. #35
    Super Member Sweeterthanwine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Stagecoach, NV
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi
    If it makes you feel any better, Mary and Joseph weren't ready for the first Christmas either!!!!
    Amen

  11. #36
    Super Member GailG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi
    If it makes you feel any better, Mary and Joseph weren't ready for the first Christmas either!!!!
    Amen
    We oftentimes forget that it is most important that we get our hearts ready for the Christchild.

  12. #37
    Super Member IrishNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    was Upstate NY, now Winston-Salem NC
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong
    Always think "Christmas in July" ladies!! LOL!!
    I cannot imagine thinking about Christmas in July. Christmas comes around too fast for me even when I think about it only in December - I can't imagine shortening the cycle voluntarily. :shock:

  13. #38
    SC
    SC is offline
    Junior Member SC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    159
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GailG
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi
    If it makes you feel any better, Mary and Joseph weren't ready for the first Christmas either!!!!
    Amen
    We oftentimes forget that it is most important that we get our hearts ready for the Christchild.
    Thank you for the reminder. I still haven't finished all the placemats; I need to run to town to pick up a few last minute things, go to the grocery store, etc. But I got up this morning & remembered several cards I have been meaning to send to people who are in the hospital & not able to enjoy the holidays at home. All the other "stuff" will wait. I'm getting those cards finished & mailed/delivered this morning before I do anything else. Again, thanks for the reminder!

  14. #39
    eaglebeak1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    east central Indiana
    Posts
    211
    I made a quilt for my MIL she did not get it till last year was a ufo for about 2 years. I really had a bad case of procrastination trying to get it done. It needed to be chrocheted. I do not like that well this year I only made her a quilted tote. She LOVES em both (lives across country) dont beat your self up we all procrastinate. Me I am the worse at it,

    Take it easy Happy Holidays

  15. #40
    Super Member GailG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,764
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglebeak1960
    I made a quilt for my MIL she did not get it till last year was a ufo for about 2 years. I really had a bad case of procrastination trying to get it done. It needed to be chrocheted. I do not like that well this year I only made her a quilted tote. She LOVES em both (lives across country) dont beat your self up we all procrastinate. Me I am the worse at it,

    Take it easy Happy Holidays
    I'm a BIG PROCRASTINATOR! I really think that I procrastinate when I have a difficult task ahead of me. I'm not one that can just dive into something that I don't like to do or something that I find difficult. I think that if I can just build up more steam, then maybe I can tackle it. So I put it off hoping for a time when I will feel more self-confident. I know that is a very immature outlook, but it's how I am. OR -- am I just lazy?

    :lol:

    Christmas is finally here!! Soon our WIPs will be UFOs. Merry Christmas.

  16. #41
    Super Member Iluv2quilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,535
    Time is getting away from me too. I stayed up til 2 last night quilting two wallhangings but slept in really late today. Now I have today to bind them and label 6 more. Christmas just always seems to creep up on me and time gets away too fast. Good luck on your projects, I hope you can get them done in time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.