Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
wide ironing board at Wal-Mart >

wide ironing board at Wal-Mart

wide ironing board at Wal-Mart

Old 08-20-2011, 04:44 PM

I have one of these wide ironing boards from Wal Mart, and love it. It doesn't have the lower shelf,, but since I didn't know what I was missing, that's okay. My complaint is that WM doesn't carry replacement covers for them!!!!! The only place I have found covers is in Clotilde's catalog, for almost $30!!!!, plus tax plus shipping!!!! But the cover does have a printed grid on them.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dina
Oh, for those who already have this. Can I set my iron on that metal addition, even when it is hot? There is absolutely no instructions included.
I have this board. I got it at Sears for about the same price about a year ago. I keep my iron on the metal shelf and leave it on - it is always ready to use. I really need to make a new cover for mine - it looks awful!
Old 08-20-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B
I just looked at Walmart's site to see the wide ironing board....and it states - not in stores - lucky to whomever to have found one at her store....I think I'll take a peek Monday.....

QUESTION: can the height of the board be lowered? My now ironing board stands alongside my sewing machine at the same height as the machine cabinet, so I can just roll to it and iron...does this have the height adjustment capability???
Oh yes, you can set it at any height! I make it a lower height to sit along side my sewing cabinet, perfect for paper piecing, then can raise it up high for ironing fabric.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dina
Yes, it can be stored just like a regular ironing board. I just crawled under mine, trying to decide if the iron holder can come off. It doesn't look like it would come off easily, but I didn't mess with mine much, since I want it to stay on. When the ironing board folds, it rests on this stand...it is just like an extension of the board.
Thanks Dina, On line it said ship to nearest store not home. I will check again to make sure. Maybe it's a regional thing. BrendaK
Old 08-20-2011, 05:32 PM

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Canopy-Wid...d-Pad/17243979

Look here at the Wal-Mart site. It has no price or picture, but this is the one that fits my board.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by winter012
I have one of these wide ironing boards from Wal Mart, and love it. It doesn't have the lower shelf,, but since I didn't know what I was missing, that's okay. My complaint is that WM doesn't carry replacement covers for them!!!!! The only place I have found covers is in Clotilde's catalog, for almost $30!!!!, plus tax plus shipping!!!! But the cover does have a printed grid on them.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Canopy-Wid...d-Pad/17243979

Sherri, I meant that last message in reply to your comment. Look here, and maybe it will help. :)
Old 08-20-2011, 05:40 PM

I went to Wal-Mart today to buy one - after reading the post I HAD to go! There was a place for them in the ironing board area, but they were out. Store clerk said the warehouse is currently out. However, they did have the cover and pad in a package for $10.00.

Originally Posted by GemState
I have one exactly like that and LOVE it! Replacement covers can be difficult to find so if you see one somewhere GET IT and have it on hand. I know you can make your own, but with so many quilts to make who wants to be taking time to make an ironing board cover????
Old 08-20-2011, 07:01 PM

Well, I hate to hear that. I guess it is a popular item...but it is good to know the price of the replacement cover and pad. Thank you.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:08 PM

I have one of these WM boards and I like it a lot. I also like the hollow core door idea. Always good ideas on this board.
jean
Old 08-20-2011, 07:38 PM

I have set one of those doors in my garage, on two wooden "horses" I built a long time ago. Thought about bringing it in the house........However it has all sorts garage stuff on it......and my garage is not conducive to any sort of quilting jobs. It is really Yuckky. :cry: