Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Will you be sewing and quilting during New Years Day? What projects will you be working on? >

Will you be sewing and quilting during New Years Day? What projects will you be working on?

Will you be sewing and quilting during New Years Day? What projects will you be working on?

Old 12-29-2010, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by BMP
I am, I have been working on getting all my house duties done since Sunday, getting alot of extra done so that I can sew all weekend guilt free.
I have a quilt that I started at a class before Thanksgiving that I need to get finished before the Bow Tucks class I am going too mid January.
Hi Bonnie--I'm from Horseheads--nice to meet you!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:33 PM

I really hope so,my New Years resolution is to finish a UFO each month before I can buy any more fabric that month,so hope to get a good start that day. I haven't even been in a quilt shop for the last 6 weeks and I'm really starting to feel withdrawals :D :-D
Old 12-29-2010, 07:41 PM

Oh yeah I'll be sewing most of the day I have a bunch of projects started that need to be finished. I'll be putting my grandmothers flower garden blocks together. Happy New Year to all. LuAnn
Old 12-29-2010, 07:45 PM

not me, I'll be taking down the tree and trimmings <sigh>
Old 12-29-2010, 08:09 PM

We are suppose to go to my husband's oldest brothers house for a get together and the kids go tubing (which this year if we get the rain/ice they are predicting won't be good) anyways I'm seriously thinking I'm sick and will have to stay home all by myself and sew myself well. I wonder how many Hail Marys I'll have to do for penance. I probably won't do it because it is a nice get together, but it sure is tempting. Hey, it's not like I'm already breaking any resolutions. LOL
Old 12-29-2010, 08:39 PM

Yes, yes and yes. I have 1 top finished another top ready to put the squares together, another that needs one more border, one that needs some more quilting and want to start 2 more...If I can just think of how I want to do them.
Too darn many relatives! lol
Old 12-29-2010, 08:40 PM

I'll have my web site up and running Feb. 1 so I'll lots of fabric to help with your withdrawal. It will be lindaraestreasures.com. Hope you'll visit.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:47 PM

Oh yeah! I'll be working on the quilt in my avatar (it's an EQ7 rendering of my latest project). I am in the process of quilting it now - slow going, but very much fun!! Happy New Year to all!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:55 PM

I will be working on a patriotic themed quilt for a scholarship charity, a baby boy quilt, 2 baby girl quilts and another patriotic quilt for a raffle in September at the Air Force Academy.

I have a set of vinyl covered wire draws for a closet, that I keep one project per drawer in (that keeps all things together for me), and I need about two more sets of drawers!

This will be the year I make the Oriental quilt for myself.

Diane
Old 12-29-2010, 09:19 PM

Not sure yet, but probably will in the afternoor. Am working on a small table topper from a shop hop in August - would like to get it done and a 34 block lap top that I already have the blocks made from another shop hop last July. As you can seen I am a little behind!!!