Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Will your guild be meeting this fall? >

Will your guild be meeting this fall?

Will your guild be meeting this fall?

Old 07-09-2020, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Since a large bunch of our members are in the high risk age group, I don’t think our guild will meet any time soon.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:12 AM

The ladies I quilt with (not a guild) just met in a park and we had our chairs far apart but it was good to socialize anyway. I sure miss our group sewing meetings. It was usually at my house but no one wanted to have any close quarters meetings yet.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:41 AM

Our small guild usually meets year round and of course Our March meeting was cancelled with the stay at home order. Since our Guild is smaller we are having our first meeting next week. We were to have a Pot Luck for the summer and it has been changed to a bring your own food for this meeting. We are also cautious to plan to far into the future as numbers are climbing in MI and we are concerned about being closed down again. For now this is where we are. I am so looking forward to seeing everyone mask and social distancing and all! I just hope we can keep our meetings going.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:54 PM
Power Poster

Our guild is hoping to meet in the fall. But we will have to secure a new meeting place as our old place is not likely to open any time soon. Our weekly bee is available for the half dozen that usually show up, but no one is comfortable attending. I'm not sure our guild would be well-attended either.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:42 AM
Power Poster

I have met with my sew group since May. My guild is having a meeting in July. The community center where we meet is open. I went to a quilt retreat with my sew group plus five more in June and we all are fine.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:59 AM

I'm a Canadian " snowbird", who belongs to a Florida community quilting group in winter. It looks like the border will remain closed for the rest of the year. I'm keeping in touch via fb page we created, and we've had a zoom meeting. Our room at the clubhouse, though spacious, has permanent tables at center, and little excess space around them,so meeting there will not be possible for some time for the those who reside there full time.I'm going to miss going south this year, but sadly, USA has been hit pretty hard with the virus:-((
Old 07-10-2020, 07:44 AM

Our guild is doing Zoom meetings. We had our first meeting at the end of June. I'm not sure how many people participated, but the meeting went very well. People were logged in with cameras and microphones, so everyone was able to see/hear you. The first part of the meeting was the usual business part, then the second part was the usual "show and tell" where the members were able to show the projects they have been working on. The consensus was that the meeting was a success. The guild has upcoming speakers over the next three months who will be doing classes and trunk shows at our Zoom meetings. Our guild does a big quilt show every two years, which is a big money maker, allowing them to pay for guest speakers. The in-person show has been cancelled, for this October, but they are planning a "virtual" quilt show. Not sure when the guild will be able to do in-person meetings again.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:26 AM

Our guild quit meeting in March. We started Zoom meeting last month and will do another Monday. Moved Show and Tell to our Facebook page along with a BOM that members have been doing. Had to cancel a Quilt Show in June. No decision yet on when we will be meeting face to face. Depends on the church we use and what guidelines the state of Texas will impose. We are still going up on our numbers. We're all looking forward to meeting live again. We have 48 members and about 30 attend meetings regularly.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:34 PM

Our sewing circle is still meeting via Zoom. 3-9 attend. We miss face to face and lunch afterwards. But it's beginning to feel like a viable solution. One of our members is on the guild board. She reported they're planning a zoom guild meeting for August. Regular attendence ~60. They're planning groups of zoom participants with a leader for each. Only the speakers will be audio. There's a button to raise a hand if you want to speak. And a thumbs up to voice ascent.

We'll see how it goes.
Old 07-10-2020, 02:04 PM

Indiana had its 4th highest number of new cases yet today. We are headed in the wrong direction. Our little guild meets in a senior center and as of now, the max occupancy for that room is 8, so no meetings in the near future I'm afraid.