Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: WIP List

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Blue and Ducky - I hand quilted if echoed round the stars then drew around one of the kids star shaped pastry cutters in the light squares! The border I just did diagonal lines radiating out following the ribbons. I'll give it to her tomorrow - I'm really nervous!

K x

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    Sorry quiltncrazy, it was you I meant! :-)

Our local health shop gave me some natural tablet things that are supposed to even out the thyroid. They're absolutely huge tablets though, and I haven't been able to bring myself to try them yet! lol

k3n, that quilt is awesome, it must feel so good getting it finished. Can't wait to see what your neighbour thinks, she'll love it I'm sure!
    If you really want to try them, try crushing them and stirring into applesauce. That's how they do it for nursing home patients. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    I just read all the things you girls are doing and now i am going back to bed! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will make DH read all this, then he will know their are a lot of crazies like me out there in the quilting world.

Ninnie
    Hey ninnie, I hate to tell you...your hubby already knows,...cause all men go to monthly 'men's meetings', where they learn how to be so much alike...bet mine has already told him, this board must be full of crazies, if they have much in common with me. Told him, he was the abnormal one!
    He is always asking me, though...anybody say anything funny on there, lately? (he don't fool me...he likes that I have this board,...he is just a picker,...and I'm a grinning!) :D

Quote Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    "i'm not bad, i'm just drawn that way"...who said that, K?...or anybody, lol?
    *waves hand in the air madly* Pick me! Pick me! I know!

It was Jessica Rabbit... in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". She was a babe! :-)

I'm off to work this morning, boo hoo, after having almost a whole week off with the kids (school holidays here).
    Forgot to tell you, Blue,...you win the hairy peanut award!!! It was Jessica Rabbit! (what's the hairy peanut award?...dunno, fer sure...something country boy, hubby has been saying to me, for past 32 + years...peanuts are grown on a vine, in ground, and when you pull them up....they have little hairy roots on them...don't know how they came to be a "prize", for stuff). But you are the lucky winner.
    Sorry, your fabric is taking so long to arrive, no how you like the color, Blue. It so suits you, lol! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Skeat
    did someone say shopping??And, Boa??I'm so in!:)I think since K has no kiddies...we jump on the plane and crash her quilt spot!:)Help ourselves to that quilting frame (I want a picture of that baby!) (ps k-I love handquilting, hand applique, just plain everything quilting)

And, yes!! To all those enquiring minds the Bunny Hill Design BOM...are free!! And, would be too cute added to a dress! I am making a quilt out of my blocks. They are quick and easy and I just can't wait till the next one already!:) I may have to do another one when this one is done if I can find enough pastelish colors to play with...would love to see the soft colors in it:)I'm using a Moda layered cake for variety and color...so far it is working out great. I'm late starting mine...so, am working my bom's backwards...(since someone cracked the whip for our WIP's to be done!LOL) I'm almost finished w/the first one....which is April's:)LOL...so, it is official...I have another WIP:)Or maybe BOM's don't count! LOL Skeat
    I'm jumping on plane, if you are...ever flown? I haven't...don't put me by window. I get dizzy looking out planes, on tv! lol!
    SHOPPING, Wooo Hooo!
    K...we are so over there, and digging in your stuff...um, sounds....your quilty stuff...oh, you naughty readers, out there :oops: tsk! tsk!
    new toys,...woo hoo, i'll bring some of my books and quilt mags, and stock up on some junkie snacks too, for trip and when we get there, but no chocolate for me....I'll be swinging from the chandeliers!!!
    K, are you ready for this party?????

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    Oh, K, your quilt is just lovely! I had thought about doing a friendship star quilt in maroons and creams....and now, after seeing yours, I am definitely going to do it. Problem is, it will be a "large" queen. I don't do hand quilting or long-arming, so it will cost a ton to have it finished for me. Maybe I could sell a kidney.....yeah, that's it.....
    oh Ducky, a kidney? lol,...now that's really addicted. Good grief, tie that sucker, before giving up the kidney. Your only good for one quilted quilt, that way, cause ya can't sell both,....unless ducks have more kidneys than humans???
    Me??? too many health probs now, to be selling organs. Besides, nobody wants them, after marinating in my blood, all these years. lol!

K, that is one...wheet wheww!!! (that's how gbaby whistles, for now)...snazzy quilt. Bet your neighbor loves it, or me and Skeat, gonna jerk a knot in her 'adjustment' area, when we get there!
    (i've never harmed a flea in my life, lol...that's my real pic...my avatar...ain't I cuuuute????)
    I can't wait, your gonna melt the crust off her.
    How in the world did you manage to only buy 1 piece of fabric while out and about? probably bc Hans was there. I can't shop with hubby either.
    Now, about those wwip's....shhh!!! don't let mine hear that. He teases me enough! He loves that I put the sign on my door: THE CAVE!
    I did that for the sewing room pics I took. Gotta get the rest developed. waiting to take pics of new kitty, first. :D

Quote Originally Posted by JoanneS
    If you really want to try them, try crushing them and stirring into applesauce. That's how they do it for nursing home patients. LOL
    LOL
    I might just do that! ;-)

No offence quiltncrazy.... but you can keep the hairy peanuts thank you very much! LOL ;-) ;-) ;-)

No offence quiltncrazy.... but you can keep the hairy peanuts thank you very much! LOL ;-) ;-) ;-)
    well, what if I paint them blue...like a blue ribbon????
    bet you'd come running for that! clop, clop, clop, clop.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL

You know me too well! ;-)

k3n, the quilt is beautiful! I'm sure she will love it. Welcome back! You have been missed :)

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swan Song
    k3n, the quilt is beautiful! I'm sure she will love it. Welcome back! You have been missed :)
    Thanks Swan, it's good to be back - I missed you all too!

I'm going to take the quilt round this morning, will let you all know what she says!

Re peanuts - did you know that when you break one in half there's a little bunny rabbit inside? Go look - it's true! :D

K x

Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Re peanuts - did you know that when you break one in half there's a little bunny rabbit inside? Go look - it's true! :D

K x
    A bunny? DUDE! I want some of what you've been on while you weren't here! ;-)

k3n
    Blog Entries

K x
    It's really true!!! I swear on my stash! If you haven't got any peanuts go out RIGHT now and buy some! It's really really true! Stamps foot and pouts!

K x

Stamps foot and pouts!

K x
    You look so CUTE when you do that! ;-)

All the shops are closed, it's night time here. And did I mention it's raining? And as soon as I finish my dinner I'm going into the dungeon to sew. So I'll take your word for it *cough, cough, choke*

K x
    It's really true!!! I swear on my stash! If you haven't got any peanuts go out RIGHT now and buy some! It's really really true! Stamps foot and pouts!

K x
    I agree....I want whatever you are taking, eating or drinking!!
    I've heard of the bunny in the moon, but bunny in peanuts? NOPE!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Oh you don't believe me!!! Well that's OK, because I know it's true!

K x

k3n
    Blog Entries
    OK you disbelievers - I've just been to the supermarket and bought peanuts especially, NOW tell me you don't see the bunny! :D

K x

The peanut bunny!
    Name:  Attachment-30828.jpe
Views: 12
Size:  22.9 KB

Wow!Your Gracie baby is just amazing!! How pretty is that?!! Do let us know what you think of that baby:)So glad you shared...and your neighbor's quilt will so loved!! What a great and personal touch w/the name hand stitched...! Skeat

OK you disbelievers - I've just been to the supermarket and bought peanuts especially, NOW tell me you don't see the bunny! :D

K x
    Ummmm....bunny?no....I do see...a....well....this is just not good:)Okay, okay....I see a ski person sliding down a bunny hill...count?I have bunnies...and, I see no bunny there...:)Did I pass the test??!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Oh Skeat! Look real close - see his little round body at the bottom and his two bunny ears sticking up? I know YOU can see him!

K x

K, I see the bunny. To tell you the truth, I kinda worried about you when you said there were bunnies in peanuts, but now I'm a believer. I also have to admit that I saw the skier. :shock: Do I need to worry about ME now?

As to the thread topic? Up until the time I joined this board, I only had one quilting item unfinished. But NOW, ***repeatedly pounding head on desk*** I have many. I see so many things here that I want to try, and things get added to the list....and , oh, there's a black and white swap?...join me up and add one more to the list...then there's the Boston Block that I just have to try...more to the list...and lest we forget all the sales online I see for fabric and patterns....just gotta begin a Bargello when I have a gazillion other things started! Someone stop me!!!!!

Someone stop me!!!!! )) Now we can't stop the madness...but, we can give you more input on the motivation to keep those projects growing!:)LOL

Okay....I see two feet sticking out of a wall....:)Oh, alright...I see a bunny!:)We have 4 babies right now...and, they kinda look like those;)LOL Now we know you have an amazing creative artistic thinker!! Which is an amazing gift! Unlike my ski person:)LOL Skeat

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Ducky and Skeat - you are officially Bunny Girls! LOL

K x

Blog Entries
    Yes, K3N, I see the bunny. You are too funny.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast