Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game?

Sounds like everyone's had a quilty day! Don't worry, tomorrow is a fresh day and we'll get those projects done! I just walked in the door from work and I'm beat, so no quilting tonight....I think I'll vegitate for awhile. Tomorrow I work opening shift, yuck...I hate those back to back shifts. At least I'll have tomorrow night off!

Kateyb, great projects....can't wait to see them completed as they're beautiful as they are right now!

Blessings,
    MaryAnna

I have fallen behind a little but am catching up.

Here are two UFOs I have completed.

The first is a Christmas quilt that I had set aside last year and have now completed and the other is a Dora quilt that I have finally completed for my granddaughter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by sonisew

The first is a Christmas quilt that I had set aside last year and have now completed and the other is a Dora quilt that I have finally completed for my granddaughter.
    sonisew, those are adorable! Great job! And hey, we all fall behind from time to time as life gets in the way, at least you've knocked out these two from your list! So keep at it! Are you participating in our 'retreat' weekend event? if so, then post what you'll be working on. But I'm impressed you've gotten these done. Your GD will love her new quilt!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

sonisew, the Dora quilt is adorable. I like the way you did the sashing and how the Christmas quilt looks.

Ok, well I have a game plan (I hope). These are the wips that I would like to finish (fingers crossed). :?

I have finished 3 and have 2 more just waiting on binding. Here are my finished UFOs so far:

Quote Originally Posted by grammyp
    I have finished 3 and have 2 more just waiting on binding. Here are my finished UFOs so far:
    Love those quilts! They have a great scrappy feel to them! Whoo Hoo, 3 down and 2 almost there! Don't slow down now....keep at it and post more pics!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Quote Originally Posted by michelehuston
    Ok, well I have a game plan (I hope). These are the wips that I would like to finish (fingers crossed). :?
    Game plan in motion I'm sure! Those are just gorgeous thus far, and I can't wait to see what you'll do with the fabric in the last photo...too cute!

Well I made it home from work, it was a brutal day and feet hurt.....I may get started after a bite to eat.

Hugs to all....and hope you've had fun on this 'retreat'
    MaryAnna

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    Quote Originally Posted by sonisew

sonisew, those are adorable! Great job! And hey, we all fall behind from time to time as life gets in the way, at least you've knocked out these two from your list! So keep at it! Are you participating in our 'retreat' weekend event? if so, then post what you'll be working on. But I'm impressed you've gotten these done. Your GD will love her new quilt!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna
    Yes, I am participating in the weekend event. My next UFO will be a baby quilt that needs backing and binding. The baby quilt should not take to long to complete so I will also be working on finishing a wildlife quilt that I have started. I will post when they are complete.

I love those quilts. I want to try and make a pinwheel quilt but first I need to finish up some of these UFOs that I have in my sewing room taking up space.

Quote Originally Posted by kateyb
    sonisew, the Dora quilt is adorable. I like the way you did the sashing and how the Christmas quilt looks.

Thanks, I didn't think that I would ever get done.

Most of my sewing room is in boxes now. I only have a wall hanging project left out to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    Most of my sewing room is in boxes now. I only have a wall hanging project left out to work on.
    Well do what you can....where are you moving to? Hoping for a smooth move for you!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Well times up gang, the 'quilting retreat weekend' is now over.
    So post what you've completed asap.
    I'll tally quilts up tomorrow morning, declare the winner, pm the winner for their address and ship off their prize package.
    I know I didn't win a thing as all that's done on my mystery quilt is sandwiching it with basting pins.
    Working this 2nd job is cramping my quilting! Either Prince Charming needs to hurry up and come along in my life, or I need to win the lottery!

I'm proud of all of you, you've all accomplished a lot this week already!

Blessings,
    MaryAnna

I am so upset with myself, I accomplished nothing. It's finals week and I tried to relax by sewing but I only got more out of sorts for lack of a better word. I have my last final Thursday, going out to dinner to celebrate finishing another quarter and hope to start fresh sewing on Friday!

Well do what you can....where are you moving to? Hoping for a smooth move for you!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna
    We are moving to southwest Kansas around the 10th of April.

Quote Originally Posted by michelehuston
    I am so upset with myself, I accomplished nothing. It's finals week and I tried to relax by sewing but I only got more out of sorts for lack of a better word. I have my last final Thursday, going out to dinner to celebrate finishing another quarter and hope to start fresh sewing on Friday!
    michele...our motto around here is: we do what we can! So don't worry about it. Life can get in the way. Relax and do well on your finals. Friday is right around the corner, you'll knock out your wips then!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

We are moving to southwest Kansas around the 10th of April.[/quote]

Wow, that's not exactly around the block then! Whew a big move indeed! Wishing you every blessing!
    MaryAnna

Blessings,
    MaryAnna
    We are moving to southwest Kansas around the 10th of April.
    Have a safe move.

I guess I overdid it when I cleaned the shed on Friday by Saturday afternoon my ribs were HURTING again. I had tried to be careful and not lift anything heavy. Consequently, I didn't get a lot done for the rest of the weekend. Oh well.

oh no! kateyb, I hope you are doing better now!

Now I have to ask the question......

Did anyone participate in the quilting retreat weekend?

If not, then we'll try again next month and hopefully we'll all be able to join in.

I did finally get some quilting in last night, but have a long way to go before quilting the mystery quilt is done. Not enough hours in the day. I'd really love a day off!!!

Blessings,
    MaryAnna

I did get some quilting done Friday evening and Saturday morning but not as much as I would have liked. I think another quilting retreat might be great. My ribs are better. Will go to the chiropractor Thursday before I leave to visit my mom and a friend for a couple of weeks or so.

I did get the baby quilt done over the weekend but I forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it away. Most of the time I forget to take the picture.

My daughter is trying to get pictures for me if she gets them I will post.

On to the next quilt. I have another baby quilt that needs the binding added to it. I hope this one is an easy one to complete, if it is them maybe I can get another quilt almost completed.

jme
    I didn't get to participate in the weekend really but, I did get a little work done. I can't post pictures because we took my son on a day trip over spring break and I dropped the camera in the river (oops!).

Blog Entries
    I sewed the ring tape to my first ever roman shade. It is for hubby's office. He picked the fabric and I already made a curtain for the closet a little while ago. Last night, he cut the wood for the header support. This weekend, he will have to help me position and attach everything. This should be interesting. I'll take a picture when it's hanging. (If it's hanging....)

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast