Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game?

OK..it's almost party time for me! I had hopes of an earlier start, but work got in the way....but I'm thankful to have work! I won't be able to stay up all night as I've got to work tomorrow dayshift.....but I'll party as long as I can.
    I'll be working on making the backing for the mystery quilt top I posted, then sandwiching, then quilt it....whew! That's a lot for 1 night, but I'll try.

Hope everyone is doing well and working away on your ufo's, wips, etc.... Let's get 'em done!

Blessings,
    MaryAnna

I'm here. Ready to party. Have water on for tea and a bowl of chocolate kisses.
    I came up with another design for my class yesterday so will work on finishing it. It will become one of the baby quilts I need to get done.
    Then on to quilting a baby quilt I have pinned and ready to quilt.

So forgot to let you know I was on!! I started about 4:00. With all the snow we got, I have not left my house so decided to start early. Did manage to finish stepdaughters top..finally cause the colors sure are ugly. Hope to have it completely finished by Sunday night!

Finished the new sample for my class tomorrow. Here are Beyond Split Rail #'s 6, 7, & 8.

This will be a table topper for my kitchen table. The open blocks could be used for applique, embroidery or quilting designs.
    Name:  Attachment-131656.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  47.2 KB

This will become a lap quilt. Using rest of blocks to show how to go about designing
    Name:  Attachment-131657.jpe
Views: 19
Size:  73.1 KB

This is the newest design
    Name:  Attachment-131658.jpe
Views: 17
Size:  111.7 KB

I will try

Blog Entries
    Kateyb, Love the tops!

kateyb, wow! you've gotten a lot done! Great tops!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

What a great idea! Count me in....I have a ton of WIP's (or UFO's). And I don't dare buy any more fabric - my husband told me I could buy "anything" except more "fabric" once he saw my fabric shelves were bowing :oops: . Told him not to worry - it was extra insulation on the walls :lol: . Most of my WIP's need to be quilted and/or bindings put on.

Quote Originally Posted by ywoodruff5
    What a great idea! Count me in....I have a ton of WIP's (or UFO's). And I don't dare buy any more fabric - my husband told me I could buy "anything" except more "fabric" once he saw my fabric shelves were bowing :oops: . Told him not to worry - it was extra insulation on the walls :lol: . Most of my WIP's need to be quilted and/or bindings put on.
    Welcome ywoodruff5! Yes, this is the place to be for us over enthused ladies! We have a fun time and get the UFO's knocked out! Count your projects and line 'em up, then knock 'em out. Sounds to me that you've got some PIGS (Projects in grocery sacks) that aren't in the grocery sacks, but still on your shelf. You can easily 'thin out' those shelves by shopping your stash for projects.
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Ok All here's an updated list of our members, so far there's 44 of us brave souls:
    MaryAnna
    S D G
    Sadiemae
    Cyn
    Irishrose
    Patty Patches
    Sonisew
    Patti Sue
    Chigger Holler Quilter
    leatheflea
    Connie_1936
    Kyiav10
    Scissor Queen
    manyana
    Miss Purple Shoes
    JulieM
    michelehuston
    CKcowl
    Tolelady53
    Sewwhat85
    jaciqltzok
    quiltinghere
    kima
    sueisallaboutquilts
    Shawnemily
    midwestqltr
    omak
    jme
    Pdlink
    LoveBug
    Kateyb
    montanajan
    zennia
    shawnan
    IndyQuilter
    Jennifer22206
    okiepastor
    bamamama
    mhansen6
    Jaimestitcher62
    bevysue57
    patski
    Annaquilts
    ywoodruff5

How does the last day (or last Friday night) of every month sound for an 'all night PJ party?' Or you can pick a better night, just let me know. we'll quilt away the night in comfort!

Blessings to all,
    MaryAnna

Another Update!

Reminder to all.....
    Our quilting 'retreat' (marathon weekend) will be coming up soon. I have slated March the 12 & 13th, and starting on Friday the 11th (evening) runnning through until 10pm Sunday.
    The one who finishes the most UFO's, WIPS, etc wins a prize.
    Take a 'before' picture of your projects on Friday night and post that on this thread, then an 'after' photo with a brief explanation of what was done to complete the projects and post on this thread.
    If there is another weekend that suits everyone better, let me know.
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

How did everyone do on our Friday night all nighter? kateyb finished so many projects whooo hooo! michelehuston was also on board.
    Post your pics, we'd love to see your projects!
    I myself did not get much done, I did have to do some of my work work for most of the evening, I only thought I was done by 7:30! So far I've managed to piece together (2 pieces) the backing for the mystery quilt.
    What would really help out is winning the lottery or a sudden windfall of a fortune,, then I could quit both jobs and quilt & sew! ;-)
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

weekend of the 11th workd for me! My problem is am now down to needing to get tops quilted..that takes so long! Do have a couple to finish piecing, but then its the finishing! :D Will do it am in writing with how many I have!!

I'll be visiting my mom that weekend so am not sure I can participate then. All of you have a great time. I have some more baby quilts to finish before I go so will be sewing like crazy for the next 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by michelehuston
    weekend of the 11th workd for me! My problem is am now down to needing to get tops quilted..that takes so long! Do have a couple to finish piecing, but then its the finishing! :D Will do it am in writing with how many I have!!
    Yes, quilting takes a long time-even simple patterns! I'm down to that on my mystery quilt. I hope to have that done so I can knock out some other projects on the 11th. I've found out today that I have to work (2nd job) on that weekend, but I'll still fit in quilting time.
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Quote Originally Posted by kateyb
    I'll be visiting my mom that weekend so am not sure I can participate then. All of you have a great time. I have some more baby quilts to finish before I go so will be sewing like crazy for the next 10 days.
    I see you've got your own marathon going on....post some pics of your finished projects! I need to make some baby quilts as well. Need to get cracking on that!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Slight change of plans. My daughter is going the week after so I'll be waiting to go with her. I'll be joining you for the quilting retreat. Wooohooo!!!!!

Slight change of plans. My daughter is going the week after so I'll be waiting to go with her. I'll be joining you for the quilting retreat. Wooohooo!!!!!
    Wooohooo indeed! We'll check in on Friday, post pics of project to be done, a sort of 'before' photo. and then get started with our 'retreat'.... I've got to work (yes again) on that weekend, but will work around that schedule. I may even ask someone to fill in for me at least 1 day!
    Great news from kateyb!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Okay. Deciding what I'm going to work on for the "retreat". Got 1 more WIP done. Will post later. Have 4 ready to be pinned, 1 needs a backing done, 1 cut out, 1 to be cut out. Then I'll be almost caught up with quilts for the grand nieces and nephews.

Okay. Deciding what I'm going to work on for the "retreat". Got 1 more WIP done. Will post later. Have 4 ready to be pinned, 1 needs a backing done, 1 cut out, 1 to be cut out. Then I'll be almost caught up with quilts for the grand nieces and nephews.
    All right kateyb, your burning the trail and we're lagging behind!

Tomorrow is Friday of our Quilting Retreat weekend! I've got to work on Friday night, but will be joining in after work on Saturday. Gosh darn, we've got daylight saving time on Sunday, so we'll lose an hour as we turn the clocks ahead! I've got church committments on Sunday.... but the whistle blows on Sunday night at 10pm.

The one who finishes the most projects wins a prize! Post your 'before' pic on Friday, and then the 'after' shot on Sunday night.

The deck is stacked against me....but I'll give it my best shot.

Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Count me in. Does this include pattern with fabric already bought for them. Oh My, I'm in trouble.

I feel like I will never get caught up!! I have to put borders on 1 for my mom, piece baby clothes for my stepdaughter, back and tie one, and of course the 15 or so tops to be quilted..erg!!

Ok. I give for the night. Been at it all day today, but I think I got overwhelmed because I was very unorganized, worked on 3 projects at the same time, and accomplished nothing. :( Try again in the morning with a little more of a game plan!! Night all.

Here are pics of the things I need to have done by next Friday.

Got the back made and this is pinned
    Name:  Attachment-145608.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  90.1 KB

Needs pinning and quilting
    Name:  Attachment-145610.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  42.2 KB

Name:  Attachment-145611.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  114.0 KB

Name:  Attachment-145887.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  92.4 KB

Needs to be pinned and quilted
    Name:  Attachment-145888.jpe
Views: 12
Size:  119.5 KB

Bird print will be fussy cut and fabrics above are possibilities need to be cut out. The bottom fabrics are cut and ready to go.
    Name:  Attachment-152593.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  83.8 KB

Not sure how long I'll last tonight. Hubby and I cleaned out a storage shed today and i am getting tired. We had nice weather so took advantage of it.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast