Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game? >

WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game?

WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game?

Old 01-26-2011, 11:39 PM
QM
Power Poster

Last I counted, I think I had about 7 0r so flimsies. I plan to finish them all this year.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by kateyb
A good portion of the WIP's I did at my mom's. Every 2 weeks or so I drive 250 miles to spend a couple of weeks or more with her. I take my machine and sew when I can. I get tops done but not the quilting. When I'm home I have so much catching up to do I don't get the quilting done. (Her little table isn't conducive to having space to quilt) A lot of them are tops that are finished.
I've been home since my accident before Thanksgiving and now that I feel better I plan to get some of them done. I'll be home for at least another month. Sooooo....hopefully.
I'll join you all for the Friday night sew. (At least until I can no longer see straight.)
You've got a plan...and that's the great news! It sounds like you're retired or don't work outside the home...so you might just be able to get 117 done! I work 2 full time jobs, so that number is waaay outside my reach.

Yes, Friday night is our all night quilting party...so I'm gearing up. I know I won't be able to 'greet the morning's dawn' as I've got the daysift on this Saturday, but I will stay up as long as possible, maybe 1am or so. I've got to put on a scrappy border on the Mystery BOM quilt and I'll be done with piecing it.

Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 01-27-2011, 04:44 AM

Sadiemae & QM, well you two have taught me a new word...flimises! I don't have any of those left to do, but I'm hoping I'll get to that stage soon....
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 01-27-2011, 04:51 AM

Attention Gang,
Tomorrow is the last Friday of the Month....it's our 'Par-tay'.....sewing all night par-tay!
Wear what's comfortable, robes & fuzzy slippers etc, line up your project, and we'll be sewing the night away.

Join us and stay up as long as you can. You'll be surprised how much you can get done when you block off several hours of un-interruped time!

I'll log into this thread when I start, and then quickly get off the QB and head to sewing room.

Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 01-27-2011, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by MaryAnna
Attention Gang,
Tomorrow is the last Friday of the Month....it's our 'Par-tay'.....sewing all night par-tay!
Wear what's comfortable, robes & fuzzy slippers etc, line up your project, and we'll be sewing the night away.

Join us and stay up as long as you can. You'll be surprised how much you can get done when you block off several hours of un-interruped time!

I'll log into this thread when I start, and then quickly get off the QB and head to sewing room.

Blessings,
MaryAnna
Have fun!
Old 01-27-2011, 05:21 AM

Okay, I am new to the board, so way behind you guys! But I have many wip and low on cash, so I will work on those in progress as well. We just moved (in progress) we are building our home (will be in progress for ever) lived in a tent then camper most of summer, lots of stuff still in storage, but most of sewing stuff now here-in totes. Have relocated many things I had forgotten about. Will get started asap.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by bevysue57
Okay, I am new to the board, so way behind you guys! But I have many wip and low on cash, so I will work on those in progress as well. We just moved (in progress) we are building our home (will be in progress for ever) lived in a tent then camper most of summer, lots of stuff still in storage, but most of sewing stuff now here-in totes. Have relocated many things I had forgotten about. Will get started asap.
A big welcome to bevysue57! Jump right in, do what you can. You've got to find your projects first, then organize them in some sort of 'order' so you can get your hands on them. I'd say tackle the ones with the least of amount of work to get done first, and so on and so forth. Check them off of your 'list' and don't forget to post a pic of them! We're all on a 'fabric diet' of sorts, no buying new fabric, unless we need it to finish up on a UFO or WIP...ie, backing, binding, etc...whatever we actually need to complete our project.

Don't forget about our 'last Friday of every month party', it's an all nighter. Or stay up as long as possible and work on your project.
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 01-27-2011, 09:43 AM

Ok All here's an updated list of our members, so far there's 41 of us brave souls:
MaryAnna
S D G
Sadiemae
Cyn
Irishrose
Patty Patches
Sonisew
Patti Sue
Chigger Holler Quilter
leatheflea
Connie_1936
Kyiav10
Scissor Queen
manyana
Miss Purple Shoes
JulieM
michelehuston
CKcowl
Tolelady53
Sewwhat85
jaciqltzok
quiltinghere
kima
sueisallaboutquilts
Shawnemily
midwestqltr
omak
jme
Pdlink
LoveBug
Kateyb
montanajan
zennia
shawnan
IndyQuilter
Jennifer22206
okiepastor
bamamama
mhansen6
Jaimestitcher62
bevysue57

How does the last day (or last Friday night) of every month sound for an 'all night PJ party?' Or you can pick a better night, just let me know. we'll quilt away the night in comfort!

Blessings to all,
MaryAnna

Another Update!
Old 01-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bevysue57
You are a brave soul. I think I am too hold and too tired to sleep in a tent. Camper wouldn't be quite so bad except the bed would not be pleasant for my back. A new house though, would be wonderful. Mine is one of the oldest in the the town I live in. Hope you get sewing soon.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:07 PM

Friday is as good as any. Will check in from time to time just to encourage <wave>