Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game? >

WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game?

WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game?

Old 07-20-2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by sonisew
Here is my embroidered kai-lan quilt that took some time to complete. Each face is embroidered.
sonisew.....your quilt sounds delightful....but we didn't get a photo of it!

Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 07-20-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kyiav10
Originally Posted by Kyiav10
I am planning on not buying too much fabric this year. I would like to only work on my ongoing projects.

I have a few tops, some already sandwhiched, to be quilted. I also have some piecing projects.

I want to focus on some projects this year and not purchase.

Here is my list.

1. Star Struck (currently quilting)
2. 4th of July (top)
3. OBW (sandwhiched ready to quilt)
4. Log Cabin (top)
5. Blue block quilt (sandwhiched ready to quilt)
6. Floral Quilt (blocks)
7. Bargello (partly pieced)
8. Pin Wheel (HST's done)
9. Fall blocks (from swap)
10. Butterfly blocks (leftover from other quilt)
11. Warm Wishes (piecing project)
12. OBW 2 (piecing project)
13. Diagonal Strip quilt (only have fabric bought)
14. String Quilt (piecing project)
15. Breast Cancer blocks (from swap)

Numbers 1, 14, 13, 3 are my plans for this year. My sister also requested a baby quilt that I think I will use number 6 for.

Kyia
Ok... I am almost done quilting #1. The binding is ready to go as soon as the quilting is done. Hope to have it done before July.

Started quilting #3. I am doind a meandering stitch by hand. Really excited about it.

I used up some of the left over #6 for two baby quilts. Enough left for a small wall hanging that I will whip up for a donation quilt.

Not as far on #14 that I would like to be. Have to work on it more on my days off.

Hope all are doing well with their goals!

Kyia
Kyia, I'm thrilled you've gotten some quilting done...and it sounds like a lot of progress! We are all busy women for sure, so do what you can! Post some pics, we'd all love to 'ahhh and ohhh' over the quilts!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 07-20-2011, 06:29 PM

Ok gang....I'm finally back, and boy it sure feels good.
How is everyone progressing along?

How about a 'break' of sorts.... I'm thinking a Christmas in July break, let's work on our UFO/WIPS that are Christmas themed, or for Christmas gifts?! I think that would be wonderful, and we'll get that out of the way ahead of time. If you're like me.....I was finishing up sewing my Christmas table runner on Christmas eve 2 years ago as my son was walking through the door at midnight!
I'd like to actually display Christmas quilts at Christmas time this year....
So who's in on this?
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 07-22-2011, 04:24 PM

I did get a few 4th of July themed projects done for my mom and 2 of my 4 adult offspring.
Summer is gardening time and then there are the trips to take care of mom. She had knee replacement surgery Wednesday and will be in rehab for a while. The surgery went well. Rehab remains to be seen.
I'm home for a week then DH and I are going on a fun weekend.
Came home on the train with my 6 year old grandson. We did tie dye on t-shirts today. Now his uncle and aunt are taking him camping for a few days.
I have a week to get some things done. Here's hoping.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by kateyb
I did get a few 4th of July themed projects done for my mom and 2 of my 4 adult offspring.
Summer is gardening time and then there are the trips to take care of mom. She had knee replacement surgery Wednesday and will be in rehab for a while. The surgery went well. Rehab remains to be seen.
I'm home for a week then DH and I are going on a fun weekend.
Came home on the train with my 6 year old grandson. We did tie dye on t-shirts today. Now his uncle and aunt are taking him camping for a few days.
I have a week to get some things done. Here's hoping.
Yes, life does get in the way of our projects. I think our projects keep us sane and give us some sort of semblance of order in our lives. You'll get back to your projects soon enough, no rush....enjoy life!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 07-23-2011, 04:32 AM

My plan for today was quilt quilt quilt...well, just got called into work, so that is what I will be doing tonight! :) Sure want this one done!!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by michelehuston
My plan for today was quilt quilt quilt...well, just got called into work, so that is what I will be doing tonight! :) Sure want this one done!!!!
The best laid plans ....etc. Hope you get a chance today to work on your project.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:31 PM

I should quit planning!! lol Have been quilting today! Had to take a break for a few minutes and see whats going on here. :)
Old 07-24-2011, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by michelehuston
I should quit planning!! lol Have been quilting today! Had to take a break for a few minutes and see whats going on here. :)
Glad to hear you got some quilting in today! I've had to work...again.....they added a few more hours in, and I had to ask.."I'm part time right?".....geesh! But at any rate, I can't complain as there are so many out of work, at least I've got work!

I can't wait to see pics of your new project!

Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 07-25-2011, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

I'm going to rearrange my sewing room in the near future which means that EVERYTHING needs to come out first. Looks like I will be getting an eye-opening reminder of all my UFOs. BUT, the plan is that my new layout will set up a more creative space. (Right now I have to tippy-toe to the ironing board)

Originally, I was going to get new cabinets from IKEA - but we decided to take what we have and modify it to fit the space better. DH said that his table saw needs a workout. I'm such a lucky girl.