Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wish I could keep up ... >

Wish I could keep up ...

Wish I could keep up ...

Old 01-08-2014, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by aronel View Post
Ditto for me also! But I must add that this board has created a monster in me, the need to buy vintage machines is very fierce!! LOL! Keep up the good work, my friends!!
You are not alone. I had 4 when I started on this board, oldest being 1953 201-3 that is named Helen after my grandmother who bought it when I was 5 years old. Have added two tredles 1911 66 and Whte Rotary. Have no room to use them at this time, but working on it. Have not bought any more due to lack of room and medical bills.
But it is an addiction for sure.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:34 PM

Ditto from me also, love this board, looking at all the magnificent quilts but just don't have the time to comment on everything. This is a wonderful board.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:51 PM
Power Poster

DITTO DJ. There is no way anyone could respond to every thread and I think we all understand that. Sometimes when a post gets to be so large there is no real addition to the conversation so I look but don't add to the thread.

Thanks to everyone for all the enjoyment I have received from just being on the QB.
peace
Old 01-08-2014, 06:52 PM

I love this board and have learned so much from it, I feel like I have a room full of teachers touching on all subjects quilting, I drink my coffee reading the Board every morning & my family knows DO NOT DISTURB Mom when she's in the "Board Meeting". Thanks to all for all your help!
Old 01-08-2014, 07:51 PM

Feel the same. The way this board is set up, even though nice, it has a lot to be desired. Maybe one day they'll figure out a way to have main page, with search engines, and just the pics, no seperate post. Have like a hot topic with some of the comments ( like a news letter). I've only been on this board for a year or so and am starting to see so many dup's. I know the elder's get a little flustered with those. Somehow there needs to be a better way.
I
Old 01-08-2014, 08:54 PM

I agree with everyone that commented. My day is not complete without going to this board and learning something new for the day. It's a great addiction!!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
What I really wish we had is a "like" button! So many times I just want to say "hey, I agree with what you said" or "I really love this" or something appropriate ... but don't have the time to reply to all. However, a "Like" button would really help! Is there any way this could be incorporated?
I've been thinking the same thing. Sometimes I just can't think of something to say that hasn't already been said. I like to comment when I can because I know how much I enjoy the comments when I post a picture.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:06 PM

Add me to the list, too. And I, too, like the idea of implementing a "Like" button. Easy way to give a thumbs up.

Moderators, are you listening?
Old 01-10-2014, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
I really do not think that anyone feels slighted if you cannot get to everything. There are twice as many people in this group than the city that I was born in. Just answer what you can and do not give it another thought. If we were all here all the time....we would never make any quilts. :-)
Well stated! No one expects everyone to post on every picture. it really would take a long time to look at this board in the morning, if they did!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:53 AM

So many beautiful quilts, so little time to respond (sigh). Although QB is usually my first thing to do in the morning, and I truly enjoy each and every picture, I cannot post a reply to every picture I see.
Some of the quilts are not quite my cup of tea (colors, etc), but I can appreciate the time and effort spent on each one.
If a particular quilt makes me catch my breath, I do try to respond, and then I save the image to look at later. I probably have about 2000 of those images, thinking I will make that quilt. Someday. When I finish all the other ones I have on my list...